Help with prop to Chris Craft 260 Stinger

Notices

Help with prop to Chris Craft 260 Stinger

Old 06-26-2020, 01:31 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 111 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by JohanSweden View Post
I mean it is plugged in the transom assembly, not in the drive sorry...

I will do that before I install the spacer.
And then I should try the boat again with my Bravo 1 26P propeller to see how it reacts?
You don't want it plugged at all. You want the water to flow through it and out an external hull dump.

Yes, I would do one thing at a time and then test. If you do two things, and something improves, you won't know which one caused the improvement or what direction to proceed.
Old 06-26-2020, 01:36 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Another option to allow water to flow through the drive is tap the water jacket and use it to feed your drive shower.

The following 2 users liked this post by Griff:
JohanSweden (06-26-2020), SUPERSTITIOUS (06-26-2020)
Old 06-26-2020, 01:49 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Griff View Post
You don't want it plugged at all. You want the water to flow through it and out an external hull dump.

Yes, I would do one thing at a time and then test. If you do two things, and something improves, you won't know which one caused the improvement or what direction to proceed.
Another option to allow water to flow through the drive is tap the water jacket and use it to feed your drive shower.
But if I unplug it in the transom assembly it will flow water into the boat?
I mean the original water inlet to the engine, that one is plugged and replaced with the water pickup.

I dont mean that youre not right, its just me that dont understand I think

Yes I will do that. Youre right!
I wonder if there is someone that have done this, with a extentionbox or high drive mount on a Chris Craft 260 Stinger before..?
Have tried to find any information about it but without sucess. Seems that im the ”first” and first testing with this to make it work.

But when I read about high drive mount boats they say I will need a propeller with high rake.
And a propeller with high rake will ”lift the bow” ore in correct words, lift the stern less

Last edited by JohanSweden; 06-26-2020 at 01:52 AM.
Old 06-26-2020, 07:44 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JohanSweden View Post
But if I unplug it in the transom assembly it will flow water into the boat?
I mean the original water inlet to the engine, that one is plugged and replaced with the water pickup.

I dont mean that youre not right, its just me that dont understand I think

Yes I will do that. Youre right!
I wonder if there is someone that have done this, with a extentionbox or high drive mount on a Chris Craft 260 Stinger before..?
Have tried to find any information about it but without sucess. Seems that im the ”first” and first testing with this to make it work.

But when I read about high drive mount boats they say I will need a propeller with high rake.
And a propeller with high rake will ”lift the bow” ore in correct words, lift the stern less
What comes to propellers, it is not that simple. You have test and test! I think that your bravo prop is the one if 4 blades is enough.
Old 06-26-2020, 09:13 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by JaniH View Post
What comes to propellers, it is not that simple. You have test and test! I think that your bravo prop is the one if 4 blades is enough.
Yes have to test with the spacer and see if the slip goes down, and how the engine/boat reacts.

If the engine rpm is going down and the teoretical prop slip is going down then maybe have to go down in pitch?
Or leave it to someone that can lab it in some way
Old 06-26-2020, 12:52 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

More blades and more blade surface area increase stern lift.

The water that flows though the transom assembly gets connected to another hose and then connected to a thru hull fitting that dumps the water outside the boat.
Old 06-26-2020, 08:29 PM
Registered

Johan, is the external pick up for the intercooler? You mentioned that you have a Whipple kit on the engine.
As suggested start by trimming the pickup.
Old 06-26-2020, 10:06 PM
Registered

Received 60 Likes on 39 Posts

Is the prop completely stock untouched?
The following users liked this post:
JaniH (06-27-2020)
Old 06-27-2020, 01:40 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Originally Posted by badluck View Post
Johan, is the external pick up for the intercooler? You mentioned that you have a Whipple kit on the engine.
The whipple stage 1 is an small reprogram of the PCM not an SC and water pick up is for the engine since he said transom/drive p/u is plugged.
The following users liked this post:
badluck (06-27-2020)
Old 07-03-2020, 01:04 PM
Registered

More blades and more blade surface area increase stern lift.

The water that flows though the transom assembly gets connected to another hose and then connected to a thru hull fitting that dumps the water outside the boat.
Originally Posted by badluck View Post
No like Griff said, the water pickup is for the closed cooling system to the engine and cooling for the headers and oil cooler I think.

I have no whipple kit on it. Just the PCM reprogram stage 1 whipple for the Mercruiser 496.

Originally Posted by Unlimited jd View Post
Is the prop completely stock untouched?
I dont think it is... it looks like it have been labbed.

The whipple stage 1 is an small reprogram of the PCM not an SC and water pick up is for the engine since he said transom/drive p/u is plugged.
Exactly

OSO Sponsor
OSO Advertiser
OSO Advertiser

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

OSO Advertiser