Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Prop Talk
Diffuser ring removal >

Diffuser ring removal

Notices

Diffuser ring removal

Old 10-11-2021, 08:01 AM
Registered

Received 170 Likes on 105 Posts

We were on glass smooth water during the test. Not even a breeze. First time I've had smooth water since I can't remember when. The Bravo ran 65, the Trophy ran 70. Puts slip numbers at 7-8% based on advertised pitch.
Old 10-12-2021, 11:41 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I have a 300R outboard on a 2400 Checkmate, so this light boat is typically easy to get on the plane. I use a Bravo 24P FS prop and it comes on the play well. Now in support of the comments regarding removing the diffuser ring, I tested a stock Bravo 1 26P, which of course had the diffuser ring along with 2" more pitch. It ran about 2 mph slower due to not turning enough rpm but, this 26P Bravo came on the plane much faster than my 24P Bravo FS!! More pitch, yet much faster getting on the plane, so I could see it being an issue on some boats.
The following users liked this post:
Smitty275 (10-12-2021)
Old 10-18-2021, 05:13 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

I have twin I/O's on a 32ft cigar boat but when i completely removed the rings on the Bravo1 26p props, it made no noticeable difference top end, planning, porposing, cavitation, etc.

Let us know if you try it. Amazed at the difference with your Trophy.