Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Restorations & Upgrades
89 scarab 21 excel rebuild >

89 scarab 21 excel rebuild

Notices

89 scarab 21 excel rebuild

Old 10-14-2013, 01:06 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah I know thats coming soon. But if all goes according to plan ill be buying my engine here in the next few weeks. Then I can lay down a few hundred on vinyl.
Old 10-15-2013, 08:31 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by sdg0080
Close giant big gulp cup holder . Lol yup flush mountinf my rockford power 6.5's. I have 3 different 12" subs collecting dust lol. I wish I had a set of 8's currently but sadly I do not.
Are you using the new M2 series Rockford Fosgate speakers? I have 6 of the 6.5s & 2 10" subs with 1400 watts of Pioneer amps in my boat. It rocks as is but the speakers are too much for the amps. Randy
Old 10-16-2013, 03:19 AM
Registered

No older t1652's. I've had in a few of my builds. I'll be running two amps one for mids and highs other is for subs. I'm still deciding on subs lol. I'm thinking 8's due to limited space. Not wanting to shove a large box on the cabin but I may as I have a few 12's laying around. I love those rockford's that I have. They are pretty clean and love power. I almost put my PDX amps in the boat but ended up putting my sundown sa 12 back into my avalanche.
Old 10-19-2013, 11:06 AM
Registered

Stumbled across your thread surfing the site, I really enjoy following these kinds of rebuilds. If you keep up this kind of custom work thru the entire build this boat is going to be bad ass! I came across an early 80's 15 ft open bow runabout that I'm thinking about fixing up a little so our teenagers have something to take out next summer but the interior need work and was having 2nd thoughts about doing some work to it. After seeing what your doing, mines going to be a piece of cake!! Yes please keep the pictures coming. P.S. We live in the Quad Cities, Not to far from you. its a small world.
Old 10-20-2013, 04:34 AM
Registered

Thanks, yes its been a ton of work so far but it will be worth it. If you ever get out to saylorville lake on the weekends you will see it in person. Lol I know a bit of a drive from the quad cities. All I can say is don't be afraid to try something new or challenging when working on your projects.
Old 10-25-2013, 08:52 PM
Registered

sadly due to crappy weather and working OT on 3rd shift I haven't been able to get crap done as of late. tho tomorrow night when everyone is sleeping I'll be hacking and splicing my new wiring job. For some reason I was like hey lets pull every single wire out of the boat and make new harnesses. sounded great until i realized I have like 40lbs of wire in my weight room of my house spread out every where. I will say I am glad I did this. I have a few areas of wire that have been rubbing against something and I have exposed wires... can we say fire hazard??? I'm going to use more parts off the 92 f250 donor harness. I have the main connector for the engine ecu so I have a ton of options for how I want to connect everything. so my plan is this. I will have the ability to detatch any part of the new interior of my boat by simply unplugging the wire harness, then I can unplug the harness between the engine bay and the front of the boat if needed. so each section of the electrical will be just like in a newer car. if you have an issue in one area you can remove just the one area instead of the entire harness from the boat. I just wish I had a garage so I could do more over the winter...
Old 10-25-2013, 08:54 PM
Registered

also anyone have any ideas for cam selection?? remember this is going to be an LQ4 6.0 chevy ls engine. i will have lightning headers, and running a custom mapped ecu. I will get bigger injectors if needed.
Old 10-26-2013, 03:25 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I Like These, Waterproof Clean And Make Them How You Want
http://www.ebay.com/bhp/weatherpack-connector-kit
Old 10-26-2013, 05:40 PM
Registered

That's a nice kit. I seen that. However I have like forty wires to hook up for ec everything in the dash that's why I am using more of the ford harness. Lol nothing like spending a day soldering wires...
Old 10-31-2013, 08:14 PM
Registered

Well my 6.0 should be here tomorrow. Picked up one with 120k miles. So now the fun begins.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.