Notices

Saber 101

Old 01-14-2012, 12:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink missed you guys

Originally Posted by scarab63
The threads ” saber 101 ”

So did you get a D or an F on this course????

Somebodies gotta go to summer school!!!!!!!!!
HAAHAHA GOOD ONE, well been away from the site for a month or more. going to get a price on straightning out the rocker and any other hook, if there is any. the boats I talked about y2k and Steve Stepp hulls are straight hulls that work great with konrad ( ones stepped other pad). so I am getting a appointment with the glass guy. and putting a tank up front. if that works or is close, thats it for now. if its still needs more then the old tank will come out, motor will be moved 8''. = my exhaust mods 1000/and most likely having a machine shop lenghten the yoke 8'' like imco does for there 12'' ext box. konrad said to buy a new tranny with flanges and a carrier bearing. nah if the longer yoke set up works for imco fine, it should work for mine. and a late happy new year to all. ps maybe take that rounded keel and make a pad out of it.
Old 01-15-2012, 09:14 AM
coolrunning racing
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Blue print the bottom. Find the CG and use the fact you are moving the fuel tank to help with changing the CG so as to improve it. Do not waste any more time with any thing else. Do the math. math does not lie.
Old 01-16-2012, 07:12 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Artie, no need to try and re-invent the wheel. When you mentioned you were thinking of changing the CG and moving the engine forward, I stated the easiest way to do it was install the carrier bearing (slips right into the gimbal, its machined to accept it) swap out your trans for a flange mount. and install a short drive shaft.

The Konrad ACE does not have a gimbal bearing like a Bravo as it's designed for a transmission (trans tailstock acts as a gimbal brng) A custom made longer input shaft would be a disaster as it's not supported by a gimbal bearing. (the yoke would flop around and ruin the gimbal housing)

Kurt
Old 01-16-2012, 08:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Biggus
Artie, no need to try and re-invent the wheel. When you mentioned you were thinking of changing the CG and moving the engine forward, I stated the easiest way to do it was install the carrier bearing (slips right into the gimbal, its machined to accept it) swap out your trans for a flange mount. and install a short drive shaft.

The Konrad ACE does not have a gimbal bearing like a Bravo as it's designed for a transmission (trans tailstock acts as a gimbal brng) A custom made longer input shaft would be a disaster as it's not supported by a gimbal bearing. (the yoke would flop around and ruin the gimbal housing)

Kurt
ok I see what you mean now,I won't spend the money on another tranny, min of 2 grand to get it to what I have now.all ready spending thousands on bottom and new tank. if thats not it, its going to be parted out. hope a straight bottom and new tank in the floor does it. I am putting my money on the bottom rocker causing the problem.
Old 01-16-2012, 09:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mrv8outboard
Blue print the bottom. Find the CG and use the fact you are moving the fuel tank to help with changing the CG so as to improve it. Do not waste any more time with any thing else. Do the math. math does not lie.
next few weeks will be talking to, the glass man. will check cg with boat crane, lift. happy new year Jeb
Old 01-16-2012, 09:21 PM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

Artie call me tomorrow, we'll get the boat in to measure hook and rocker end of next week 7743191006
Old 01-21-2012, 02:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by lil red
Artie call me tomorrow, we'll get the boat in to measure hook and rocker end of next week 7743191006
mike came by and picked up my steering to sell thurs night. so if you guys sold it fri or sat great, I was going to use the cash for truck ,I need to buy this week. then in 2 weeks its better for me, I have a lot of money owed to me for stuff over last month. plus I am bringing a town car to auction, it hasn't sold in 8 months. thats a week from tuesday. trying to pay cash for all the stuff now and not by selling stocks here and there.truck I will get by thursday ,and should have money come in this week. can't wait to see the new ride. have fun at the conn party.ps its going to be a good summer boating even if the boat porpoises a lil. everyone at the get together mostly sutphen guys busted my balls on not buying a suthphen. so I got to straighten up this saber, 1st by fixing the rocker sharpen the round edges.
Old 03-26-2012, 07:25 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
mike came by and picked up my steering to sell thurs night. so if you guys sold it fri or sat great, I was going to use the cash for truck ,I need to buy this week. then in 2 weeks its better for me, I have a lot of money owed to me for stuff over last month. plus I am bringing a town car to auction, it hasn't sold in 8 months. thats a week from tuesday. trying to pay cash for all the stuff now and not by selling stocks here and there.truck I will get by thursday ,and should have money come in this week. can't wait to see the new ride. have fun at the conn party.ps its going to be a good summer boating even if the boat porpoises a lil. everyone at the get together mostly sutphen guys busted my balls on not buying a sutphen. so I got to straighten up this saber, 1st by fixing the rocker sharpen the round edges.
had to fix my spelling on sutphen.
Old 03-26-2012, 07:42 PM
Registered

Wink

well just bought a p5 transom lifting prop, I want to try it before anything else. this way I will of run 4 bow lifting props . a px5/max 5/ herring 5/ b1. so with the p5 it would be nice, if it made the boat work to get bow lift. CG I am screwed on Saber never checked out there 28s for it. I am still meeting with the glass people to see whats cheaper do the bottom or fill in the trans. go with a imco scx with a sc lower. I got a hp trans by merc. and I would sell the konrad. so I'll know in two weeks if we needed a different prop. as this boat hops it wants to leave the water, so maybe the transom lifting prop will take away some bow lift. so I would need to trim the boat to get lift, like a normal boat does.
Old 05-14-2012, 07:24 AM
coolrunning racing
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Artie, how about an update? Also just try to understand you can not fix a bottom problem with changing engine/drive set up (just mask some of it) The center of gravity can be done by moving weight, just do not add any. Keep moving forward...Fast.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.