Saber 101 >

Saber 101

Notices

Saber 101

Old 05-20-2012, 11:40 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mrv8outboard View Post
Artie, how about an update? Also just try to understand you can not fix a bottom problem with changing engine/drive set up (just mask some of it) The center of gravity can be done by moving weight, just do not add any. Keep moving forward...Fast.
Hey jeb, hope to get out next weekend to test the p5 prop, since the other 4 were all bow lifting. wrong props. if the p5 helps a bit, then I know I am going in the right direction. the hull worked fine with the stock xr drive on it for years. even better with a shortie. so I am thinking of selling the konrad end of the summer if its going to cost me to much coin to blue print the bottom and move the tank another new one. compared to redoing transom and going with a SCX or SCX4 same height x that I have now 17 1/2'' = 3'' propshaft height without spacer 4'' with. I have extra steering and hp gimbal, so I would need the helmut and drive about 15 grand plus transom patch. or have a plate forged. my konrad drive box steering and tranny are worth around that. worst case I drive local with the tabs down out to the sandbar and keep it under 80 for the season. we see next week, the issue is the bow rises until the prop loses bite. these were bow lifting ,the p5 is not so just maybe it will hook up I will need to trim the drive out to get bow lift. I had other issues over the winter. so next week baby d day. thanks jeb I'll call yah. Artie .ps. every sunday in june is booked by my wife and I have put off 3 surgeries I need now. both legs and the other shoulder that I never did last year. been putting them off and been in a bad mood all winter, should of gotten one out of the way. later
Old 06-12-2012, 01:06 PM
Registered

well the tranny went sunday and the p5 worked like the others, so motors out trannys at builders. hope to be back on the water in 2weeks. I will just run the tabs for now. then look into prices of moving gas tank and blue print the bottom. what I hear around here should ah bought a sutphen. from my friends lol.
Old 06-12-2012, 01:33 PM
Registered

hey Artie, did you say Gellner put a 3 stage sea pump your motor? Did he run the chiller direct from the sea pump for the 3rd stage?
Old 06-12-2012, 08:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dan Adams View Post
hey Artie, did you say Gellner put a 3 stage sea pump your motor? Did he run the chiller direct from the sea pump for the 3rd stage?
yes he did, one line for oil cooler/one for tranny/ps cooler which is a reg oil cool . one to chiller. hope to be back out in two weeks. hows yours coming? Artie ps I aint giving up. lol
Old 06-13-2012, 08:22 AM
Registered

can't give up Artie, you're close. All the Sabers I've ridden in like to porpose a little until you get them tucked in with the hammer down then look out!
I finally have the new sea pumps on, what a biotch. They are very large. Had to move the pumps forward to miss the kick out on the oil pans. Had to move the puleys back to original location. Had to move the tie bar bracket back to clear the pulleys. Had to make custom intake fittings to miss the motor mount plates. It's turned out really cool tho. Will run it this weekend, yee haa!
Don't have the Whipples on yet.
Hang tough Artie
Old 06-13-2012, 08:46 AM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 42 Posts

Dan! Looking forward to boating with you! Look us up anytime.
Old 06-14-2012, 08:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dan Adams View Post
can't give up Artie, you're close. All the Sabers I've ridden in like to porpose a little until you get them tucked in with the hammer down then look out!
I finally have the new sea pumps on, what a biotch. They are very large. Had to move the pumps forward to miss the kick out on the oil pans. Had to move the puleys back to original location. Had to move the tie bar bracket back to clear the pulleys. Had to make custom intake fittings to miss the motor mount plates. It's turned out really cool tho. Will run it this weekend, yee haa!
Don't have the Whipples on yet.
Hang tough Artie
sounds great, we had to mod a lot with the big headers. got the word tranny is done, picking it up tomorrow and going to start cleaning the bilge to put the motor back in. my porpoise is super fast and hard. I think with the gas tank behind the seat and tranny in ext box plus hook its to much. I tried a p5 prop which is a transom lifting and that didn't help at low speeds. so I'll run the tabs down until I talk to the glass guy about taking the hook out. if it helps then I'll move the gas tank new one to the floor.the konrad ace seems to work on step hulls and true bottom hulls. I'll keep yah posted and try and get a vid posted with the go pro I bought. Artie
Old 06-14-2012, 09:19 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Stupid oso, just typed a for a half hour with some ideas for you and it logged me out, lost my whole reply.
Old 06-26-2012, 02:31 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by hotjava66 View Post
Stupid oso, just typed a for a half hour with some ideas for you and it logged me out, lost my whole reply.
hey call me anytime 617 833 3327, going out sunday it looks. trying the p5 somemore since we never got over 30mph lol. but at 30 drive was all in tabs were 3/4 down. so I hope its better at 60 with the new prop. Artie
Old 06-27-2012, 07:31 AM
Registered

hey Artie, I'm all 3/4 down until about 40, 1/2 down 50-60, 1/4 60-70. After that she gets happy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.