Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Saber
28 Saber Wanted >

28 Saber Wanted

Notices

28 Saber Wanted

Old 03-03-2023, 01:12 AM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

Wanted to share some pics of the area around bilge thru hulls and how transom wood stops about six inches short of corner. The eyelets and area around bilge pump thru hull fittings are solid glass. I'm very impressed at the build quality and this one is like a time capsule, original bilge paint I believe. I'm not doing anything to the bilge really except replacing bilge pumps and plastic thru hulls, fire extenguisher, etc just basic maintenance really. The bilge paint is still in pretty good shape hard to believe someone put 800+ hours on it, think, maybe they were running clock listening to radio in the shop or something.

Last edited by TexomaPowerboater; 03-03-2023 at 01:29 AM.
Old 03-03-2023, 01:22 AM
Registered

As much as I enjoy working on the boat past few months, I decided to hand the project over to the great guy's at Langston Marine out of Lake Texoma area. Was very fortunate that Daniel offered to help with the project and am confident the boat will be in good hands with him and his partner Chad. Daniel was born with racing fuel in his blood as a second generation marine mechanic, engine builder, and offshore boat racer. It is a special boat and wanted it to have the best, plus the fact that it takes me 4-5 times as long to do a poor job became clear would cost much less, take much less time, and have a much better result to have someone else do the work.
The following users liked this post:
Rookie (03-04-2023)
Old 09-24-2023, 11:40 PM
Registered

Default Update

Been slow go, but they finally got moving last few weeks after about two months of brutal heat. Got my swim platform and although very nice it came in at 86in wide, even though I told them transom beam was 78 in. Hopefully they will make it right cause it is not going on as is. Decided to buy new HP transom assemblies.

Now that can see how the swim platform looks in grey think I would like white better. What do you all think? Not a fan of current paint scheme was thinking of changing same graphics to blue and black lines or maybe just change the pink to blue in which case may go with a blue swim platform. Hard to go wrong with white tho in this Tx heat.

hogie roll (09-25-2023)
Old 09-24-2023, 11:42 PM
Registered

Default Progress

Progress
Old 09-25-2023, 01:12 PM
Registered

Received 568 Likes on 340 Posts

I like those classic hockey stick slash stripes
RSCHAP1 (09-25-2023)
Old 09-25-2023, 03:20 PM
Registered

I like the graphics too, but was just thinking of changing out the pink sticks for blue and keeping the grey just because black is too hot.

They are going to fix my swim platform. NEED OSO HELP. If you got to do over again would you keep swim platform grey or what color would you pick knowing the planned color scheme? Grey wasn't bad at all. I think it does a good job of not detracting from the lines of the boat by not adding to the lines. I am leaning towards changing to white. All comments appreciated.
hogie roll (09-28-2023)
Old 09-25-2023, 04:27 PM
Registered

Received 406 Likes on 181 Posts

Who did your swim platform it looks great?it just needs to fit right. I would go with white.
Old 09-25-2023, 04:59 PM
Registered

West Coast Offshore Unlimited did the swim platform. Takes about 5 months from order to build. Think I paid around $4,600 shipped with the ladder and all.
Offshore Boat Swim Platforms (westcoastoffshoreunlimited.com)

Last edited by TexomaPowerboater; 09-26-2023 at 10:15 AM.
Old 09-26-2023, 04:49 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
I like the graphics too, but was just thinking of changing out the pink sticks for blue and keeping the grey just because black is too hot.

They are going to fix my swim platform. NEED OSO HELP. If you got to do over again would you keep swim platform grey or what color would you pick knowing the planned color scheme? Grey wasn't bad at all. I think it does a good job of not detracting from the lines of the boat by not adding to the lines. I am leaning towards changing to white. All comments appreciated.
Cool Boat and Very Cool Project!!
I am terrible at PhotoShop but I did this in a couple of minutes so it looks like a kindergartner did it, but you get an idea. If you had a better Side view of the boat it would be easier. Plus there has to be someone on here that is a wiz on PhotoShop that could do a better mock up for you!!

Last edited by FunHome; 09-26-2023 at 04:49 PM. Reason: added text
Old 09-28-2023, 01:41 AM
Registered

Thanks, that's pretty good!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.