38kv performance questions >

38kv performance questions

Notices

38kv performance questions

Old 05-18-2021, 12:48 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 440 Likes on 119 Posts

I seriously considered that paint scheme, but couldn't talk myself out of the MV scheme. That will look awesome.
The following users liked this post:
Nocoast (05-18-2021)
Old 05-23-2021, 11:45 PM
Registered

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Got a few things done. Burned out the swim deck, firewall and finished up some bead rolling.

Old 05-28-2021, 05:22 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Are you also having your cockpit reupholstered?
Old 05-29-2021, 08:07 PM
Registered

Received 246 Likes on 127 Posts

This is going to be something, another guy that can't quit fixing and making better, i'm totally looking forward to your after season plans.
Nocoast (06-02-2021)
Old 06-02-2021, 09:58 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by hblair View Post
Are you also having your cockpit reupholstered?
Last year I replaced the carpet in the cuddy but it was just to get rid of the smell, basically put some lip stick on a pig haha. I have a bulkhead that needs attention, a stringer that looks a little suspect, and a bathroom to build (wifes orders). I might try and temporarily repair those issues through the summer but more than likely I will push it to the off season and redo everything from the engine bay forward in synthetic and carbon fiber. I'll throw up some pics next time I work on it, the cuddy was pretty nasty when I got the boat. The only other thing I'm debating for this phase is maybe repositioning the steering wheel, I probably shouldn't worry about it but it drives me crazy that its so low and off center with the captains chair
hblair (07-18-2021)
Old 06-02-2021, 10:08 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 184 Likes on 112 Posts

Man, you are an artist with the bead roller!
Old 06-16-2021, 12:02 PM
Registered

been busy with work and havenít touched the boat much but Iíve been slowly getting the seats done in the evenings. This is my first attempt at upholstery so itís not perfect but its coming out better than I expected. I built a new seat frame but didnít get any pics. The fronts are really kicking my ass. They werenít assembled with ss fasteners so they are coming apart in pieces and the pieces are plasticÖ.. if I canít think of a good way to repair them I may be on the hunt for new seats

hblair (07-18-2021)
Old 07-18-2021, 11:43 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Looking good man. I guess youíre like me and have given up on being done this season?
Old 07-19-2021, 06:51 AM
Registered

Received 116 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Nocoast View Post
been busy with work and havenít touched the boat much but Iíve been slowly getting the seats done in the evenings. This is my first attempt at upholstery so itís not perfect but its coming out better than I expected. I built a new seat frame but didnít get any pics. The fronts are really kicking my ass. They werenít assembled with ss fasteners so they are coming apart in pieces and the pieces are plasticÖ.. if I canít think of a good way to repair them I may be on the hunt for new seats

If these pics are your first shot at upholstery, then you can do my 32 coupe next !! That looks better that 90% of the stitching I've seen from guys that been doing it awhile !! Nice Job!!