38kv performance questions >

38kv performance questions

Notices

38kv performance questions

Old 04-03-2021, 08:14 AM
Registered

Received 551 Likes on 274 Posts

Originally Posted by hblair View Post
Sorry. 😁 When I was considering buying my boat I called up glassdave to try to get him to talk me out of it. He said something like ďIím the last guy to call for thatĒ. So we all kinda spread this unhealthy addiction around.
No truer words spoken!
Old 04-03-2021, 03:29 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 98 Likes on 56 Posts

Sorry. 😁 When I was considering buying my boat I called up glassdave to try to get him to talk me out of it. He said something like ďIím the last guy to call for thatĒ. So we all kinda spread this unhealthy addiction around.
Ha, if anyone needs to be talked out of a project boat, call me. I'll talk you out of it!
Old 04-04-2021, 11:23 AM
Registered

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Team Archer View Post
From what we have found the transom mounted pickups work better at the higher speeds. If you need some I make the ones that Heath is using on his project. Regards Dan
sorry Archer my service is sketchy at this shop and just caught this, if thatís the case Iíll switch to the rear pickups when I do the bottom of the boat so I can delete those ones. Iíll be in touch with you when I get to that point
Old 04-04-2021, 11:30 AM
Registered

Deleting a bunch of holes and the rear pickups, found some cracks and glass that was delaminating so my quick job has inevitably changed. Most the parts are blasted and ready for paint. I keep staring at the engine bay and I think while itís apart Iím going to scuff it up and repaint, maybe itís a mistake but I want to do black...

Old 04-04-2021, 11:37 AM
Registered

Iíd like to get some advice from some of you boat proís. I have the heat exchangers out and the ridiculous amount of rubber plumbing. Where this is going to be 99% a fresh water boat now is there really any advantage to reusing this stuff? Itís heavy and a lot of potential leaks (I had a couple last season from clamps that loosened off) Iím debating going open loop and ditching all this ****
Old 04-04-2021, 07:00 PM
Registered

Well everything is painted, itís not good... but itís done. I screwed up on my way out the door this morning and grabbed my primer gun with a giant tip and didnít realize it until I had the epoxy primer mixed, so I rolled the dice... primer went down good but the paint not so much, needless to say Iím going to be sanding out some runs😂
Old 04-07-2021, 02:28 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 39 Likes on 22 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Nocoast View Post
My old lady stopped by yesterday

She dont look that old and at least she is still smiling in the pictures
The following users liked this post:
Nocoast (04-09-2021)
Old 04-07-2021, 05:16 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 437 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by phughes69 View Post
She dont look that old and at least she is still smiling in the pictures
Good to see your woman working on the boat with you. Only downside to that is when they start asking questions about the cost of things.
Nocoast (04-09-2021)
Old 04-09-2021, 12:42 PM
Registered

Good to see your woman working on the boat with you. Only downside to that is when they start asking questions about the cost of things.
I've become a master at keeping boat expenses so confusing that I don't even know what the cost is half the time lol! She's a trooper, her only demand is that I have to put a head in it...
hblair (04-09-2021)
Old 05-03-2021, 08:36 AM
Registered

Got back on the boat, spent the majority of the weekend sanding. Pretty sure Iím going to itch for the next month lol also found some rot, the firewall was made out of 3/4Ē melamine so it looked good but was toast behind the white face. Back seat was rotted along with the side panels. I have a different plan for repairing most of this from the hot rod world that I think you guys will like so stay tuned for some aluminum vood

oo
hblair (05-03-2021)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.