Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by noli

tim, are you on a lake?
Usually on Texoma... why do you ask?
Old 12-05-2013, 11:16 AM
Registered

Received 72 Likes on 39 Posts

Intake looks 100% better after the facelift. The stock ones are fugly for sure. Nice work Tim.
Old 12-05-2013, 12:20 PM
Registered

Received 564 Likes on 339 Posts

Originally Posted by timmoore
Usually on Texoma... why do you ask?
just curious about the engines and their longevity if they were run in salt water as opposed to fresh water
Old 12-05-2013, 12:31 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by noli
just curious about the engines and their longevity if they were run in salt water as opposed to fresh water
I'm actually in the process of changing them over to closed cooling now. I want to get them running a more consistent water temp and I plan on playing in some salt water this coming summer.
I've run them for 2 years now with no problems so far and I beat on them pretty hard.
Old 12-05-2013, 12:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bulletbob
Intake looks 100% better after the facelift. The stock ones are fugly for sure. Nice work Tim.
Thanks! It's not really that hard to do and makes a big change in the way it looks. It's still not the prettiest setup but it works well.
Old 12-05-2013, 09:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by timmoore
I wasn't a big fan of the plastic cover... I had an extra intake so I figured it would give it a shot, turned out pretty well I think.
It took about 2 hrs to do each one. I think I'm going to get a couple Trailblazer SS intakes for it this winter though along with cams.
Finally got another set of props for it too. Also about to start a new hatch.

How is the Scarab coming?

the TBSS intakes and cams should pick up some HP. I'm happy with my truck intake set up. Bob and marine kinetics hooked me up with one nasty cam. so from what I have going on with the motor I should be in the low 80's and that is way faster than I ever expected. too small of a boat to do much more than that...lol. I wish I had a garage to keep working on the interior build. I have the one side all built but needed to glass the panels for the port side and I can't do that in the house... wife was not happy about PB blaster stinking up the house so im sure fiberglass is out of the question. I decided to work on my seats and get the foam shapped and recover the seats. so I need to pick out my colors for the vinyl and get my a$$ in gear on them. I have the wiring for my engine ecu all done and getting ready to tie in my new switch panel, fuse box, engine ecu, and factory wiring. I gutted the boats electrical before the weather turned. so i have everything but the hull inside my house...lol and yes the wife just loves that. In fact I have used my drivers seat out of the boat for my extra seat during a family get together
Old 12-09-2013, 07:56 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by sdg0080
In fact I have used my drivers seat out of the boat for my extra seat during a family get together
... hmm I've done that before too.

Glad to hear it's coming along.
Old 12-15-2013, 10:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I forget did I ask what you did for fuel pumps?
Old 12-16-2013, 07:53 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by sdg0080
I forget did I ask what you did for fuel pumps?
I used universal Walbro 255 ltr pumps.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.