Notices

Ford v.s. Chevy 3/4 ton

Old 03-01-2009, 06:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hopefully the GM/Ford - Cig/Fountain debate continues for years to come!

Last edited by FASTTIMES; 03-01-2009 at 07:02 PM.
Old 03-02-2009, 08:13 PM
LV
Gold Member
Gold Member

Well, im picking up my new 6.4 tomorrow, so we will see, this is my first Ford.
Old 03-02-2009, 08:53 PM
Registered

My Ex. is a Diesel. I have many friends that have landscaping companys and use there trucks to plow snow with, any truck that is a plow truck is going to age twice if not three times as fast if non owners are diving it as a regular truck. You have to take care of anything you drive in the snow, like today it snowed here I drove my 16 miles to work pulled the truck around the back of the shop and cleaned the whole truck pulled it in side blew it off and before I left I greased the tie rods and u joints on my drive shafts.
Old 03-02-2009, 09:01 PM
Registered

you will love the 6.4. Put a bully dog on it on tow setting and you will never own another. I own a fairly large construction company and have owned(and still do) them all. I have two identical 08 6.4Liter King ranch crew 4x4s with the bully dogs on them. They get S**** for milage but they will pull anything you put behind them and we haven't had any problems with the trucks or the bully dogs. Can't say the same for my 08 duramax 1 ton dually. It is gutless under load even with a 4.10 rear end and has cost a small fortune with repairs.
Old 03-02-2009, 09:41 PM
Registered

Put Bullydog on the Duramax, then tell me if it's still gutless.
Old 03-03-2009, 12:33 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Expensive Date
Love my 08 GMC 3500 dually 4x4 crew cab getting 16 mpg.I am a tool and equipment dealer and I am in shops all the time the Ford 6.4 has major problems and like stated you have to remove the body to get the engine out.
Let's hear the list of major problems. You sure you know the difference between a 6.0 and 6.4.

Anyway why all the crying about lifting the cab off, Ford designed it that way. In less than an hour they can have the cab, fenders, grill, radiator up on a hoist all in one piece. You want the mechanic working on the engine like they do on drag cars or do you want him standing on a bucket prying wires and hoses out of the way in a cramped compartment banging around on delicate parts. Your call Mr. expert
Old 03-03-2009, 06:47 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by GrandTimes
Well, im picking up my new 6.4 tomorrow, so we will see, this is my first Ford.
congrats..what options did you get, and ratio, 3.73 or 4.10
Old 03-03-2009, 09:22 AM
dws
Registered

Default gm vs ford

every body has story after story about whos is best. just buy the one you like and get the best deal and service with. they all make good trucks! you could get a bad apple with any of the three. i am a mechanic by trade and have owned all three brands of diesels. just my two cents!
Old 03-03-2009, 09:23 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by dws
every body has story after story about whos is best. just buy the one you like and get the best deal and service with. they all make good trucks! you could get a bad apple with any of the three. i am a mechanic by trade and have owned all three brands of diesels. just my two cents!
Well Put! !
Old 03-04-2009, 05:30 PM
Registered

Ford all the way if you are towing a big boat, or just want the better looking truck, or a real work horse. chevy if you just want a truck for a family vehicle and pull a pontoon boat. dodge if,,,, well i better not say

Quick Reply: Ford v.s. Chevy 3/4 ton

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.