Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
What Do I Do With This 2008 F450? >

What Do I Do With This 2008 F450?

Notices

What Do I Do With This 2008 F450?

Old 09-05-2010, 06:56 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by ImaPoser
It might be time to start a new thread when you can give some back to back comparison between them. My pos 6.0 has let me down once again. I was tempted to stop at the dealer on the way home yesterday and just trade it in, but think I'll spend some time researching it till later this fall.
New chevy vs 11 ford or look for a deal on a leftover 10 ford.
The 10 ford has the 6.4 , which a few guys are having problems with.. I believe these motors are better than the 6.0 but harder to work on per my buddies at the dealership. The 6.7 is vastly improved.. as well as the new Duramax. We also have the last gen Duramax which has been about the same reliability as the 6.4 for our constr. co. They will all break, plus and minus to each.. GM vs Ford. I will post on both 11's once I get 3-4k on each and they tow these trailers and get some seat time.
Old 09-06-2010, 10:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default the 08 horrors never end.

get an attorney, i was one of the first to go through it all with the 08 and as i broke down all over the nation, i saw nothing but service departments literally filled with the cabs of 08 fords up in the air for motor replacements and other. its a colossal piece of junk. here is a short list
over 3 months of down time the first year,
new motor at 60 k
4 radiators
transfer case at 70 k just for starters- all with towingbills and overnight expenses and lost earnings.
my 08 took my buisness to the edge of disaster and left me with thousands and thousands of dollars of expense related to its constant failure. literally every other trip i took- it broke down and had to be towed conversely my 06 ford f35o has done everything and more than the 450 ever did and now has 335,000 miles and not burning a drop of oil.
the 08 is crap get rid of it and or sue ford immediately , i know many people that have and the list gets longer every day. as soon as i can afford to i will too. my dealer on the other hand has gone to great lenghts to support me and my buisness and has done everything possible to aid me. i will buy more fords from my dealer but the 08 is a failure of catastrophic proportion that ford wont stand behind or make good on. ps, everyone that got those bad trucks should have gotten a new one or been picked up and excuesed from any payment imbalance.
Old 09-07-2010, 12:14 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by domson
get an attorney, i was one of the first to go through it all with the 08 and as i broke down all over the nation, i saw nothing but service departments literally filled with the cabs of 08 fords up in the air for motor replacements and other. its a colossal piece of junk. here is a short list
new motor at 60 k
4 radiators
transfer case at 70 k just for starters- all with towingbills and overnight expenses and lost earnings.
my 08 took my buisness to the edge of disaster and left me with thousands and thousands of dollars of expense related to its constant failure. literally every other trip i took- it broke down and had to be towed conversely my 06 ford f35o has done everything and more than the 450 ever did and now has 335,000 miles and not burning a drop of oil.
the 08 is crap get rid of it and or sue ford immediately , i know many people that have and the list gets longer every day. as soon as i can afford to i will too. my dealer on the other hand has gone to great lenghts to support me and my buisness and has done everything possible to aid me. i will buy more fords from my dealer but the 08 is a failure of catastrophic proportion that ford wont stand behind or make good on. ps, everyone that got those bad trucks should have gotten a new one or been picked up and excuesed from any payment imbalance.
Dam that's brutal! Ford has a history of not standing behind its products, but the other two are not angels either. I'm just happy to have had two great Dodge diesels that gave me no trouble whatsoever.
Old 09-08-2010, 08:08 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I'm on my to the Lake Cumberland Poker Run and it's to hard to post and drive on this Iphone, but that the bottom line is that Ford wouldn't cover the repair. I'll post the details of the conversation with the dealers and Ford customer Svc early next week. Have a good weekend everyone.
Old 09-08-2010, 08:11 PM
Registered

Good luck
Old 09-08-2010, 11:33 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Chuck
I'm on my to the Lake Cumberland Poker Run and it's to hard to post and drive on this Iphone, but that the bottom line is that Ford wouldn't cover the repair. I'll post the details of the conversation with the dealers and Ford customer Svc early next week. Have a good weekend everyone.
Jeez bro wait'll you stop somewhere then post. It can't be that important that you risk an accident.
Old 07-16-2011, 01:16 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

FoundOnRoadDead
Old 07-16-2011, 05:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Nice Pair
FoundOnRoadDead
My BIL's 2002 dually is as reliable as any truck its age I've ever heard of. He's got over 300k on it now with NO problems and he used to load the bed with 2000lbs or more and pull a 10,000lb trailer along with it. That 7.3 is a very good diesel for a V8. Strong frame and running gear too.
Old 07-16-2011, 08:17 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by Catmando
My BIL's 2002 dually is as reliable as any truck its age I've ever heard of. He's got over 300k on it now with NO problems and he used to load the bed with 2000lbs or more and pull a 10,000lb trailer along with it. That 7.3 is a very good diesel for a V8. Strong frame and running gear too.
Cat - something we finally agree on...

The 24v cummins from 98.5 to 2002 is about the best engine IMO. I know of several with over 300k and still running all over TX and the midwest. Back it with a manual trans and wow what a great truck. Just wish i would have hung onto 1 or two that I had in the past.
Old 07-22-2011, 08:42 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by domson
new motor at 60 k
4 radiators
I have an 08 F250 6.4 with no issues. And good luck sueing ford as they have more money than you. I tried lemmon lawing a chevy a while back, what a PIA and it never went anywhere. Best bet if you dont like it it trade it in. Youll never win against the GOVT or a Corporation in court.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.