Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
What Do I Do With This 2008 F450? >

What Do I Do With This 2008 F450?

Notices

What Do I Do With This 2008 F450?

Old 12-26-2009, 05:53 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vette131
when a pit bull snaps somebody dies, the taco bell dog gives you ankle rash!
Chihuahuas have killed infants. My pit bull pups wouldn't kill anything.
Old 12-26-2009, 07:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Catmando
Come on man.....A mean pit can do a lot more damage than a mean chihuahua.
Old 12-26-2009, 09:25 PM
jfm
Registered

Only here can a truck thread turn into a dog fight. It is amazing how every thread that has an argument always has a common link.
Old 12-27-2009, 06:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Catmando
you are on the wrong end of every debate!!!!
Old 01-06-2010, 11:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by vette131
you are on the wrong end of every debate!!!!
How bout we get this thread back on track huh? Let's talk about trucks not dogs.
Old 02-01-2010, 07:20 PM
Banned

Just found this site, thought I would post it...

http://pitbulls.iwarp.com/photo.html
Old 02-03-2010, 07:39 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

From the looks of all those pictures looks like they are the dog of choice for welfare recipients.
Old 02-03-2010, 10:21 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Glad you liked the Duramax....146K miles on mine, no complaints yet!

But don't get in the habit of towing a 46 RR with a 1 ton truck.....the owner of American Muscle 3 found out the hard way it isn't enough truck to stop a 46 RR. Boat was being towed in Miami with an F350 and traffic stopped short, boat ended up jackknifing the rig, boat landed in the median on its bottom!
I'm curious if you know what type of braking system was on that trailer and how many axles had brakes installed??
Old 02-04-2010, 08:41 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Glad you liked the Duramax....146K miles on mine, no complaints yet!

But don't get in the habit of towing a 46 RR with a 1 ton truck.....the owner of American Muscle 3 found out the hard way it isn't enough truck to stop a 46 RR. Boat was being towed in Miami with an F350 and traffic stopped short, boat ended up jackknifing the rig, boat landed in the median on its bottom!
F650 would have been better. Gary Montano tows his 20,000lb Nor-Tech cat with a big rig truck. And his trailer weighs at least 10,000lbs.

Last edited by Catmando; 02-04-2010 at 08:48 AM.
Old 09-03-2010, 04:02 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Well its been a little over a year since I got my truck back after having a new motor installed and losing my arbitration case against Ford. The truck has actually been close to problem free. I've put new tires on and just oil changes for the last 19 thousand miles. Next Wednesday I need to use the truck to attend the Lake Cumberland Poker Run. I dropped the truck off today for LOF,Alignment, any open recalls, and now the good part. Ever since I got the truck back when you come to a stop you can smell a slight exhaust smell. I have pretty much ignored the problem but one of my crew was all over me to get it fixed before this trip. He has a F-350 with a 6.4 also and has had many problems. He thought that the exhaust problem was another service recall/bulletin because he had experienced the same problem. Well my problem is that when the motor was installed the tech never installed the gasket between the turbo and the exhaust. The dealer said that the part is backordered but they should have the truck back together on Tuesday. Keep in mind that I need to leave Wednesday for Cumberland. I know that I should have been better about addressing this sooner, but.... So then the adviser tells me that the bill will have to be customer pay because they don't have a part to return to Ford in order for it to qualify as warranty. I said look in the system for the warranty history and you can see it was installed only last July!!!! Sorry but our Oasis system is down right now. I then try to call the dealer that did the install. No answer in any department. I being in the car business can't believe that the dealer would be closed for the holiday from Friday till Tuesday but they closed at 2pm for a company picnic and won't reopen till Tuesday. This truck never ceases to amaze me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.