Notices

Dodge Ram

Old 12-21-2009, 02:31 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The 2009 dodge I have driven needed brakes and an alternator at 28,000 and the pollution stuff would shut the truck down all the time.It needed the warranty just to fix all the nagging problems.
Old 12-21-2009, 03:02 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What did you think that you were going to get when you bout a truck with 200,000 miles on it? So he ran the **** out of it couldn't afford it anymore pond it of on you and it dodges falt. Sure hope he makes you a **** ton of money.
Old 12-21-2009, 03:03 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by The Get Away
What did you think that you were going to get when you bout a truck with 200,000 miles on it? So he ran the **** out of it couldn't afford it anymore pond it of on you and it dodges falt. Sure hope he makes you a **** ton of money.
It had 65,000 miles on it when he came to work for me. It's a piece of fukking chit, get over it.
Old 12-21-2009, 03:30 PM
Registered

270,000 miles and it on its second trans that just terrible those things should last forever, and those other things they are supposed to atleast till atleast 500,000 miles . I wouldn't consider a truck that had 65,000 to be new. Same adult driver since new, very little towing and regular maintenance. If talk to any diesel mechanic they will tell you that if you don't use a diesel for what it was made for (hauling, towing) not just driving around town they will tell you that it is not good on them. Maybe you should have bought an s10.
Old 12-21-2009, 03:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by The Get Away
270,000 miles and it on its second trans that just terrible those things should last forever, and those other things they are supposed to atleast till atleast 500,000 miles . I wouldn't consider a truck that had 65,000 to be new. Same adult driver since new, very little towing and regular maintenance. If talk to any diesel mechanic they will tell you that if you don't use a diesel for what it was made for (hauling, towing) not just driving around town they will tell you that it is not good on them. Maybe you should have bought an s10.
The truck has been driven by the same person since it came off the lot brand new as I stated earlier. You must have missed that detail in your haste to spew sarcasm disguised as business advice.

Do you honestly believe that towing a trailer behind this truck would have made the transmission, transfer case, injector pumps, injectors, u-joints, axle shafts, air conditioning compressor, ignition, water pump, power steering pump, brakes and rearend last longer or hold up better than what they did?

Do you really believe that?

What about the rust? Would it be rust free if we had just followed your instructions and done more towing?

Dodge trucks suck and towing is not going to change that.
Old 12-21-2009, 04:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BGIII....you live in west michigan...thats like the salty road capital of the world...ive seen 3 year old vehicles with rust on them....

but I do agree, dodge seems to have thinner body panels...atleats on the older ones ive owned. And unless the newer ones get better (highly doubtful) I'll never have one (even visiting) in the driveway.
Old 12-21-2009, 05:41 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BGIII
The truck has been driven by the same person since it came off the lot brand new as I stated earlier. You must have missed that detail in your haste to spew sarcasm disguised as business advice.

Do you honestly believe that towing a trailer behind this truck would have made the transmission, transfer case, injector pumps, injectors, u-joints, axle shafts, air conditioning compressor, ignition, water pump, power steering pump, brakes and rearend last longer or hold up better than what they did?

Do you really believe that?

What about the rust? Would it be rust free if we had just followed your instructions and done more towing?

Dodge trucks suck and towing is not going to change that.
Call Gary at M&H Logistics in Phelan, Ca. Ask him what truck he recommends his haulers have.

760/868-4932
Old 12-21-2009, 07:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by boatntrkr
BGIII....you live in west michigan...thats like the salty road capital of the world...ive seen 3 year old vehicles with rust on them....

but I do agree, dodge seems to have thinner body panels...atleats on the older ones ive owned. And unless the newer ones get better (highly doubtful) I'll never have one (even visiting) in the driveway.
LOL. No doubt about salt capital of the world. I absolutely agree. The only way I have to judge the Dodge is to compare it to the condition of other trucks the same age and see how they stack up. I also have a 2005 Ford F250 6.0 PSD that was put into service 13 months after the Dodge. It has over 220,000 miles on it and no rust and other than replacing a speed sensor under warranty and then the FICUM this month, no mechanical issues. Unless the entire drivetrain grenades and the body rusts to pieces this winter, the Ford is light years ahead of the Dodge.

I'm not sure why the personal attacks on this thread. jmackin asked a question, I gave an answer based on facts and personal experience and now I am a poor businessman, have an idiot for an employee, don't know how to pick an appropriate vehicle and don't know how to properly use or care for my equipment. Oh well, attacks won't change facts.

Cat - Why exactly would I care what Gary recommends for his cross country haulers?
Old 12-21-2009, 07:59 PM
Banned

Cat - Why exactly would I care what Gary recommends for his cross country haulers?

Because you're the one bashing Dodge because of the ONE TRUCK you have experience with. Gary knows them all and he recommends Dodge. Why? Because he needs his drivers on the road not in the shop.

Like I said you got a lemon. Happens to a lot of folks and when it does the victim wants to blame the mfg. instead of just the one vehicle. Am I just lucky because I've not had any problems with my Dodges? I know they don't have many miles on them but you would think after a total of almost 120,000 miles on both, SOMETHING would have broken...

Last edited by Catmando; 12-21-2009 at 11:36 PM.
Old 12-21-2009, 09:57 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

I have an 05, 2500, 4x4,diesel w/212,000 miles, I bought it new, the 05 came out with a much stronger trans.than the 04, according to my dealer, all I have done is 2 injectors, from crap fuel damage, no other failures, ran original set of tires 160,150 miles, I have witnesses to that, pulled my 9,000 # boat & trailer over 200 times ,change all oils regularly, don't drive like an idiot, wash it often, it looks new, and drives like new, live in IL., it snows here, no rust .

Last edited by 253; 12-21-2009 at 10:06 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.