Notices

Best tow rig under 35k.

Old 08-03-2011, 08:52 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rssteiny
Yes 23k
mines not a dually but I have a 250 diesel, got it last year its an 08 with 14k on it XLT, got it for 30, so I think your probably high by about 5-8k.

not mention yours clean retail on it is about 18 and you can get comparable 06-08's for what you are asking

Last edited by soldier4402; 08-04-2011 at 08:19 AM.
Old 08-03-2011, 09:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

love my 07 5.9 ram. simple, reliable , and lugs better than any new one ive ran yet. The interior looks cheap, but i can deal.
Old 08-04-2011, 08:35 AM
Registered

Our '07 Dodge dually gets the best mpg app 18 of any of our Fords or other Dodges BUT it is our first ever 2wd. Our new 11 Dodge dually mega cab 4wd "sucks" the fuel and averages 8 pulling and 12 interstate cruising. Lariat loaded up, big cab and the ac seats are beyond awesome!You really need to be cautious if you want to pull a 5th wheel with the megacab because you can't see out of the darn truck. We had to do the extend-a-goose and extended ball and could very easily still hit the cab with our 48ft trailer that my son races out of. It is very bad when you can't see the 48ft trailer behind you! I (wife) was having a hard time finding the boat trailer for backing it in to load up because of the huge rear cab panel and small back window with the middle head-rest in the way. We finally hooked the boat back up to the 07 and it pulled out perfectly and I could see so much better. I don't like the smaller cab of the Dodges but being able to see out does mean more. I don't know about the previous megacabs as they were a different body so they may not have the same issues as ours. Good luck on your search! We stopped the other night and were looking at the Fords again, just don't know what to think about the fuel additive on the newer ones...
Old 08-04-2011, 09:57 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man, I have never been a Dodge guy but it looks like that is the way to go.
Old 08-04-2011, 12:13 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jhowser
Our '07 Dodge dually gets the best mpg app 18 of any of our Fords or other Dodges BUT it is our first ever 2wd. Our new 11 Dodge dually mega cab 4wd "sucks" the fuel and averages 8 pulling and 12 interstate cruising. Lariat loaded up, big cab and the ac seats are beyond awesome!You really need to be cautious if you want to pull a 5th wheel with the megacab because you can't see out of the darn truck. We had to do the extend-a-goose and extended ball and could very easily still hit the cab with our 48ft trailer that my son races out of. It is very bad when you can't see the 48ft trailer behind you! I (wife) was having a hard time finding the boat trailer for backing it in to load up because of the huge rear cab panel and small back window with the middle head-rest in the way. We finally hooked the boat back up to the 07 and it pulled out perfectly and I could see so much better. I don't like the smaller cab of the Dodges but being able to see out does mean more. I don't know about the previous megacabs as they were a different body so they may not have the same issues as ours. Good luck on your search! We stopped the other night and were looking at the Fords again, just don't know what to think about the fuel additive on the newer ones...
Backup cameras. You need backup cameras. You might think they're expensive but they're cheap insurance.
Old 08-04-2011, 01:29 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Catmando
Backup cameras. You need backup cameras. You might think they're expensive but they're cheap insurance.
I wonder how the last 100 years we managed without all these fancy gadgets, now people act as if WE NEED these items to survive? Not knocking you just a general observation
Old 08-04-2011, 01:38 PM
Registered

I got my 2500 ffor 18K with 150 on it loaded up. 6 inch lift.

I agree the dodge cummings is a good work horse, BUT I sure do love my duramax and alison tranny....

mine making 592hp, and 1005 tq
Old 08-04-2011, 01:47 PM
Registered

I recommend 03 or newer cummins 2 wd dually. I got a 97 cummins and an 03 + will def be my next
Old 08-04-2011, 01:55 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

I have been using mine regularly for the first time since I have owned it. Fuel mileage has been around 16-17 on the highway. But I had Knobby tires. city still around 13.

That is the first I have heard on the Mega cab about the blind spot, but it makes sense.

I just hate to waste a heavy duty truck and not have an 8' bed.

Most of these responses seem to be pretty positive about what is out there.

I personally like the 2011 DENALI dually that I saw over the weekend. Frigging sweet ride.
Old 08-04-2011, 03:13 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by soldier4402
I wonder how the last 100 years we managed without all these fancy gadgets, now people act as if WE NEED these items to survive? Not knocking you just a general observation
Ever seen the dents in truck bumpers to the left and tight of the hitch? Chances are it was a man who did that. Women are even worse at backing up trailers and hooking up to receiver hitches. I was just trying to help.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.