Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
tundra and silverado/denali 6.2 owners >

tundra and silverado/denali 6.2 owners

Notices

tundra and silverado/denali 6.2 owners

Old 09-06-2012, 08:23 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by soldier4402
I mentioned nothing of the duramax, and like you said its pretty good. ANd if I went back to diesel that would be probably be it for me.

Again I didnt mention the 6.2l as that is not the standard. But Ford has a 6.2L as well. But really these engines are waste Dodge 5.7 hemi produces just as much power and my Eb will out tow the 6.2l anyday. So really a mute point.
I agree that smaller displacement turbos are the future, I wouldn't be surprised to see more in the marine industry as well...............well, in 20 more years

For me it will never be cost effective to own a diesel again, I use my truck too much doing the day for a car. When I purchased my SRW D-max new as a 2002 model diesel was about 1.07 a gallon and the truck got 18-20 mph....thos days are over.

Still happy with my Toyo, just broke 50k miles and it is ready for tires. Oil changes, and gas only so far. I picked up a takeoff toyota OEM supercharger from one of my dealers, going to add it this winter for 500hp/550tq (retains warranty)and sub 5 second zero to 60
Old 09-06-2012, 09:10 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 4bus
I agree that smaller displacement turbos are the future, I wouldn't be surprised to see more in the marine industry as well...............well, in 20 more years

For me it will never be cost effective to own a diesel again, I use my truck too much doing the day for a car. When I purchased my SRW D-max new as a 2002 model diesel was about 1.07 a gallon and the truck got 18-20 mph....thos days are over.

Still happy with my Toyo, just broke 50k miles and it is ready for tires. Oil changes, and gas only so far. I picked up a takeoff toyota OEM supercharger from one of my dealers, going to add it this winter for 500hp/550tq (retains warranty)and sub 5 second zero to 60
Really if you look at cafe standards I think the V8s in cars will be a thing of the past. diesel will always be there as Im not sure you can produce a gas engine more effective that can tow as much as diesel. But what I can see is a turbod 6.2l of some sort that could replace the diesel in the 3/4 ton, if you did that to a 6.2 you could easily get the same power.

But I like you had the diesels and was no longer practical as my truck is a daily driver. As I have said before I will save aprox 2500 bucks a year converting over. Now I must say if I was into towing across country with 10k plus i would probably be in a diesel, and if I ever get into anything bigger than what I have now it may have to be a diesel. Either way I towed the 9500lb fever 600 miles one way and got 12mpg going almost 70 vs my powerstroke would have been more towards 10mpg and cost me 50 cents more a gallon.
Old 09-06-2012, 09:36 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by soldier4402
Really if you look at cafe standards I think the V8s in cars will be a thing of the past. diesel will always be there as Im not sure you can produce a gas engine more effective that can tow as much as diesel. But what I can see is a turbod 6.2l of some sort that could replace the diesel in the 3/4 ton, if you did that to a 6.2 you could easily get the same power.

But I like you had the diesels and was no longer practical as my truck is a daily driver. As I have said before I will save aprox 2500 bucks a year converting over. Now I must say if I was into towing across country with 10k plus i would probably be in a diesel, and if I ever get into anything bigger than what I have now it may have to be a diesel. Either way I towed the 9500lb fever 600 miles one way and got 12mpg going almost 70 vs my powerstroke would have been more towards 10mpg and cost me 50 cents more a gallon.
What color is your boat? Surprised I didn't see you at the bay the year.....or maybe I did? Please tell me you are not the guy with the white/red fountain that had a dude on the bow with shoes on asking to tie up to me on the town dock when I was already three wide
Old 09-06-2012, 10:01 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 4bus
What color is your boat? Surprised I didn't see you at the bay the year.....or maybe I did? Please tell me you are not the guy with the white/red fountain that had a dude on the bow with shoes on asking to tie up to me on the town dock when I was already three wide
man I thought i did something wrong, because mine is white and red, lol. No buddy would never have shoes on and I would never even go two wide in A bay. Only parked there once this summer and that was in june.