Notices

2022 Super Duty

Old 01-03-2022, 08:02 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 169 Likes on 87 Posts

It is difficult to get a clear picture doing a 'build-and-price' on these things. The F-150 is in similar straits. Buyers are now being told, "we can ship you your vehicle, but some of the options you specified won't be on it due to the chip shortages. If you want the vehicle as ordered, expect significant delays."
I've been buying cars for damned near 50 years and have NEVER seen this situation before.
Old 01-03-2022, 09:12 AM
Registered

Received 365 Likes on 226 Posts

Originally Posted by Unlimited jd View Post
Did you guys order lariats or platinums? Mine is an xlt, pretty basic options. We cancelled the adaptive steering on my build because it seemed to trigger the infinite delays.
F350 Lariat, longbed, no adaptive steering, no moon roof, bed liner, carpet delete, 7.3 gas.
The following users liked this post:
TylerBurich (01-05-2022)
Old 01-05-2022, 02:56 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

Our F-250 Crew Cab Long Bed was ordered in early August. Lariat Value Pkg, 7.3, no moonroof, no dyn steering. The Ford tracking site now shows that it is currently being built at one of their facilites (Louisville). We are hoping to get it sometime in February but based on this latest info it may be here quicker.
Wildman_grafix (01-05-2022)
Old 01-11-2022, 05:05 PM
Registered

Received 70 Likes on 43 Posts

Just ordered a star white, crew cab, long bed, dually, lariat with the 7.3l gasser today. Not sure how long it's gonna take. I figure 3-6 months. Want to post on here to keep track.While at dealer they had a nice King Ranch that was used. I asked about it and it was $82 used, they showed the sticker and it was $83k new. I figured I would never buy a new car but with the used car prices the way they are and trying to even find what you want it's very hard not to buy new.
TylerBurich (01-12-2022)
Old 01-12-2022, 09:26 AM
Registered

Received 365 Likes on 226 Posts

Originally Posted by zfrilly View Post
Just ordered a star white, crew cab, long bed, dually, lariat with the 7.3l gasser today. Not sure how long it's gonna take. I figure 3-6 months. Want to post on here to keep track.While at dealer they had a nice King Ranch that was used. I asked about it and it was $82 used, they showed the sticker and it was $83k new. I figured I would never buy a new car but with the used car prices the way they are and trying to even find what you want it's very hard not to buy new.
I looked around in Indiana the other day, found a dealer with a Lariat on the lot. Wanted 15K over MSRP. The used prices were one reason i went ahead and ordered as well.
Old 01-14-2022, 10:44 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

Yeah, I don't get it.... Dealer going to give us what we paid for our 2019 and sell us 2022 at a slight discount off of MSRP. The used market just seems like a scam at the moment. Quite a few heavy duty trucks in this market (3/4 and 1 ton) selling for MSRP even though they are used with miles. Our 2022 build show "in production" on the Ford tracking site and has been at that status since before Christmas. Getting anxious to get it but no hurry.