Looking for Old Open Class race boat >

Looking for Old Open Class race boat

Notices

Looking for Old Open Class race boat

Old 11-04-2004, 07:31 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Looking for Old Open Class race boat

Couldn't agree more Chris. Being on winni as my home water I see all the "big name and big money" boats. They go buy the house all day long. They all sound great and look great but the all lack one major thing. Individuality! They all look the same for the most part. And thats why we bought our Banana. And that we were able to beat the dealer up pretty bad But thats beside the point. I don't care if my boat is the fastest on the lake or the fanciest. I just love the ride and the durability of it. And the flat deck just makes the boat! It gives it the sleek and fast look. Not the top heavy look of a lot of other hi-perf boats out there.

Oh and maybe you or Rick know. There was a blow boat builder up there in portsmouth that I belive went out of business. Who was it? I'm sure there are some good experianced boat builders up there that would love to get back into building bouts agian. Might not be a bad idea to build up there if it would work for Charlie.

Well I guess thats it. later guys.
Adam
Old 11-04-2004, 11:45 AM
Registered

Works for me...

We will give Charlie one year to think about it, then we go with my kidnapping plan...
Old 11-04-2004, 08:42 PM
coolrunning racing
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ya know if you guys really want one i will call ray and ask how much to let me build a new one in the mold at port edgewood.

charlie i bet you could get the 38" top banana out of the shed at port edgewood.
Old 11-05-2004, 06:53 AM
Registered

Default Port Edgewood

When I went to visit Port Edgewood I saw that 38' in the hangar. At the time I didn't know what it was.

Nice boat...
Old 11-09-2004, 08:14 PM
Registered

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

Just don't pick on the older Velocity's like mine!! all i can say is what you guys are saying about that flat deck with the catwalk aroud it is correct. its a very good desgin,my bannana and velocity share it. Ill have to take apic of both to compare,i wonder who was first. and air,i agree with you about the razzle-dazzle,whoneeds it,iv'e seen your boat online and it looks just the same as my white boat!!! And Charlie,if you have the same motors that Mcbett's did,to help you get it goin,i'll freshen the heads that i did on it that you won the bushmill's race with for free tripps
Old 11-11-2004, 03:15 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well that's it....my son is not going to let me use his avatar and membership any more to jump in on these threads..... he bought me my own OSO membership and I now have my own site ......Top Banana....however we are still discussing an appropriate avatar for me to use.....so you probably won't see anything new until we return from the Key West races.

It's been a pleasure getting back into the offshore world after so many years......it certainly has gotten the juices flowing again and it has been nice to hear from so many old friends.

We will be spending some time at the races with Pepe Nunez and the Pantera crowd.....Pepe and I go back about 30 years or so......maybe he will give me some of the secrets that modern day boat builders are using as compared to old ways.

This will be my last post as Chatim Racing....see you in the future as Top Banana.

C. Sr.
Old 11-11-2004, 08:38 PM
Registered

Welcome Banana God

It means a lot to me and the rest of "the banana bunch" that you and your son are able to answer all of our questions and give history to something we all care a lot about.

Please say hello to Jo and Pepe, I think they will remember me. When my airline used to fly info Miami I spent an afternoon with them watching how they build Pantera's. When I told Pepe I had a Banana he just smiled and said how much he enjoyed racing against you.

Have fun in Key West...
Old 11-14-2004, 02:36 PM
coolrunning racing
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

hey guys i am in key west all ready. i am in the truman annex conds.it is only 40ft to the pits from my condo. looking at team reliable right now.pm me, e-mail me if any one wants to get together. oh if you need it my cell # 5085661029
Old 11-14-2004, 09:14 PM
Registered

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

Im gonna paint my boat green,maybe ill have as much fun as you tripps ps was there in 94,maybe illmake it in 05,have fun
Old 11-17-2004, 05:04 PM
Registered

If you guys are looking to build some new boats with old lines, you should try to find the molds for the 32 Scorpion that were built in FLA back in the day. I had one that wasn't built right with mild power (twin 550-600hp) and the boat did 90. ProRoc in NJ rigged one years back with twin 800-900hp and the boat ran 113. NO steps, just pure deep vee fun and talk about handling the water up here in the NE. The hull kinda looks like a Sutphen and we know how good they run. Whatever you decide to build, if you keep it old school looking with new technology, it will be a winner. I am not that old, but I hate the new "rounded" look to most boats these days, bring back the old "knife like" lines!!

Quick Reply: Looking for Old Open Class race boat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.