Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Beware and Stolen
29ft FOUNTAIN FEVER STOLEN IN GEORGIA!!!  HELP!! >

29ft FOUNTAIN FEVER STOLEN IN GEORGIA!!! HELP!!

Notices

29ft FOUNTAIN FEVER STOLEN IN GEORGIA!!! HELP!!

Old 04-19-2011, 08:04 PM
JnT
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lake speed
Jim I don't understand all the animosity? I thought we all had a common love of boating and have always liked this forum. I dont see why everyone is attacking the guy. we would be the first ones to help any of you guys if the shoe was on the other foot.
I think the economy has a lot to do with it. Makes honest people do bad things to keep up with the bills. Everyone is suspect.
I've met you and Justin and hate to see a guy drug through the mud for a bad boat/car deal. I had an old Caprice stolen from me years ago and they pulled the same trick as they did on the Tahoe. Took 8 months before it was recovered and only because the car was involved in a police chase.
Our police depts are strapped for cash now so I doubt they will put this case high on the list. Hope it works out ok for Justin though.
Jim
Old 04-19-2011, 08:20 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by catastrophe
That makes absolutely ZERO sense. Forget ALL the paper.

Justin claims someone "took/stole" his property. Pretend the guy drove away with his 5 year old lawnmower ( no paper). He signs an affidavit that its his.
The police go find the guy, you and the other five witnesses identify him and hes arrested. No difference here.

If the police are saying this transaction doesnt exist, why wasnt Justin charged with posession of stolen property ( the Tahoe)??

He had it.
Agreed!

I dont think the police are even considering the boat stolen. If they were the person whom took possession of it would be their first stop.. maybe even question all these witnesses, Have They?? Maybe the police are not buying the story as some of us have not. More details have to be involved!

Who knows, maybe if the original "registered owner" reported it stolen, the police might actually do something.
Old 04-19-2011, 08:26 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Justin claims someone "took/stole" his property. Pretend the guy drove away with his 5 year old lawnmower ( no paper). He signs an affidavit that its his.
The police go find the guy, you and the other five witnesses identify him and hes arrested. No difference here.

If the police are saying this transaction doesnt exist, why wasnt Justin charged with possession of stolen property ( the Tahoe)??

He had it.
I don't think the police are saying that the transaction didn't happen. I think the issue is that they only have probable cause to go after the person whose name is on the title, and for that reason they're ignoring other facts and looking for the boat, and not the people that allegedly have the boat. I know it sounds stupid, but if they go after "people" without probable cause they'll have more complications than answers.

Justin isn't likely being charged with "possession of stolen property" because possessing stolen property isn't a strict liability crime. Meaning, for Justin to be charged as such he would have to KNOWINGLY possess the property. Once he suspected that the property MAY be stolen he reported it to the authorities and turned the truck over, which is everything a reasonable prudent person can be asked to do.
Old 04-19-2011, 08:35 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JnT
I think the economy has a lot to do with it. Makes honest people do bad things to keep up with the bills. Everyone is suspect.
I've met you and Justin and hate to see a guy drug through the mud for a bad boat/car deal. I had an old Caprice stolen from me years ago and they pulled the same trick as they did on the Tahoe. Took 8 months before it was recovered and only because the car was involved in a police chase.
Our police depts are strapped for cash now so I doubt they will put this case high on the list. Hope it works out ok for Justin though.
Jim
smokin toilet paper dude ?? if the Cops show up at the gas station for someone filling there car with gas and driving away without paying = THEFT , they pursue them, and they prosecute them i would sure think Just ins stolen fontain would make the list ...carry on

Last edited by RunninHotRacing163.1; 04-19-2011 at 08:36 PM. Reason: cleaned up for Speedy
Old 04-19-2011, 08:35 PM
Registered

If the police are saying this transaction doesnt exist, why wasnt Justin charged with possession of stolen property ( the Tahoe)??

He had it.
I don't know? why don't you call the Paulding county sheriffs dept and ask them? I agree and I feel the same way as you do. I think its bs that they don't at least go question the guy but..........
They didn't charge Justin with possession of a stolen vehicle because HE contacted them and told them he thought it may be stolen. I am sure if he had been caught driving it around it would be a different story.

It is hard to imagine that 6 people can identify this guy and his girl and they simply act like they are not interested because their real names are not on the title or the bill of sale. Jusstin for god sakes please post the police report so everyone can see for them selves. I personally read the report tonight and its all that he says it is. I am done posting on this and as I said before it will all come out in the wash and some of you guys will owe Justin an apology for certain. btw no one has commented on how this is beneficial for Justin. it blows my mind that some of you think he has an angle on this. I have lived next door to him for 4 years and I will personally stand up and say he is a good guy. he may be guilty of being niave and you can say that what he has done to put himself in this position was stupid but he doesnt deserve to lose his boat period. think about how you guys would feel if this had happened to you and even the police apparently were not going to help you. I know you will say that you would never have been that stupid to have been in this situation but you might have been when you were in your early twenties?
Old 04-19-2011, 08:40 PM
Registered

he traded/sold the boat to Straight Cash's Ho, not Straight Cash, so I believe he is saying there looking for Ho, except she gave a false name, makes sense to me, lol

I dont understand why they cant pay Straight Cash a visit and ask him where his ho's at
Old 04-19-2011, 08:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mreedy
Agreed!

I dont think the police are even considering the boat stolen. If they were the person whom took possession of it would be their first stop.. maybe even question all these witnesses, Have They?? Maybe the police are not buying the story as some of us have not. More details have to be involved!

Who knows, maybe if the original "registered owner" reported it stolen, the police might actually do something.

the boat is listed in the gcic as stolen. the problem is is that the detective is telling justin that they cant go after the guy that has possession of the boat because he has nothing on any of the paperwork with his name on it? it makes no sense to me either. hell the guy traded a stolen vehicle for a boat that is now listed stolen. sound easy enough to me. go to his house and at least question him. I totally agree that it makes zero sense!!! I do know that the detective told justin that he may have to take the boat out of the gcic as stolen, let him register it and then report it again as stolen> wtf!!!
Old 04-19-2011, 08:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Pete280
he traded/sold the boat to Straight Cash's Ho, not Straight Cash, so I believe he is saying there looking for Ho, except she gave a false name, makes sense to me, lol

I dont understand why they cant pay Straight Cash a visit and ask him where his ho's at
finally someone understands what I am saying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

go see the dude and ask him where his old lady is please!!!!!!!!
Old 04-19-2011, 08:45 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by lake speed
I don't know? why don't you call the Paulding county sheriffs dept and ask them? I agree and I feel the same way as you do. I think its bs that they don't at least go question the guy but..........
They didn't charge Justin with possession of a stolen vehicle because HE contacted them and told them he thought it may be stolen. I am sure if he had been caught driving it around it would be a different story.

It is hard to imagine that 6 people can identify this guy and his girl and they simply act like they are not interested because their real names are not on the title or the bill of sale. Jusstin for god sakes please post the police report so everyone can see for them selves. I personally read the report tonight and its all that he says it is. I am done posting on this and as I said before it will all come out in the wash and some of you guys will owe Justin an apology for certain. btw no one has commented on how this is beneficial for Justin. it blows my mind that some of you think he has an angle on this. I have lived next door to him for 4 years and I will personally stand up and say he is a good guy. he may be guilty of being niave and you can say that what he has done to put himself in this position was stupid but he doesnt deserve to lose his boat period. think about how you guys would feel if this had happened to you and even the police apparently were not going to help you. I know you will say that you would never have been that stupid to have been in this situation but you might have been when you were in your early twenties?
I'm real old but I can remember bone head moves in the past.
You are saying the same thing as I.

The police dont have to look for the black guy as a perp but I dont get that they cant talk to him as a person of interest and straight up ask to see his boat.

Very very confusing and frustrating.
Old 04-19-2011, 08:46 PM
Registered

heres the report. i covered my address and a few things i dint think was necessary to been seen.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.