Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Beware and Stolen
Beware of Castle Marine Outlet >

Beware of Castle Marine Outlet

Notices

Beware of Castle Marine Outlet

Old 09-14-2011, 07:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

But charging the guy $100 to scan a boat he just bought? the least he could do was tell him what was wrong for free.
Old 09-14-2011, 08:49 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Pete280
But charging the guy $100 to scan a boat he just bought? the least he could do was tell him what was wrong for free.
Exactly, all they wanted was more money. When they should of offered some help & I wouldn't of started this tread.
Old 09-14-2011, 09:10 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

LOL....next time one of you guys sells your car, boat or house, you should all be there for an indefinite period of time holding the hand of the buyer, in full support, should anything go wrong for any reason, in case he should be in a time of need after the sale with the expectation that you will pay for scanning, inspection, diagnostics, surcharge-free labor and at-cost parts.
You guys are swell!
Good luck with all that.

Old 09-14-2011, 11:28 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

guess il buy my next boat in new york

Last edited by mike tkach; 09-14-2011 at 11:47 PM. Reason: left out a word
Old 09-14-2011, 11:45 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Fast Willy
I'll leave it as is, boat broke in 4 hrs. Dealer offered no help at all, this is not how you do buisness. BTW boat runs great now, 21 hrs of use with no issues. The END!!!!!
willy,glad to see you are now enjoying your boat,hope u have many trouble free hours of boating
Old 09-15-2011, 06:55 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by CigDaze
LOL....next time one of you guys sells your car, boat or house, you should all be there for an indefinite period of time holding the hand of the buyer, in full support, should anything go wrong for any reason, in case he should be in a time of need after the sale with the expectation that you will pay for scanning, inspection, diagnostics, surcharge-free labor and at-cost parts.
You guys are swell!
Good luck with all that.

I can't believe you don't get it. He is a DEALER, not an independant selling a boat. BIG DIFFERENCE!!
Old 09-15-2011, 07:09 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Fast Willy
I can't believe you don't get it. He is a DEALER, not an independant selling a boat. BIG DIFFERENCE!!
I get it just fine. You bought a used boat. Accepted it as is and paid for it as is...Then you expect them to pony up good faith monies when something went wrong later on. I'm still waiting for you to answer my question...What does your sales agreement state regarding warranties and/or guarantees?
Old 09-15-2011, 08:02 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

I get it just fine. You bought a used boat. Accepted it as is and paid for it as is...Then you expect them to pony up good faith monies when something went wrong later on. I'm still waiting for you to answer my question...What does your sales agreement state regarding warranties and/or guarantees?
I've done quite a bit of business with a local dealer over the last 13 or so years. I know if you buy a used boat from them and have trouble with the boat right away that they will do some good faith assitance for you. This assistance does not go on indefinitely and it is in no way, shape, or form a warranty but they want you happy with your purchase. They want you to come back to them for service, winterization, and hopefully another used or even a new boat purchase at some point. This is not to say they would have repaired the boat in this case for free. I do know they would have helped out to some extent. If you are used to dealing with businesses that operate in this manner and then make a purchase with a business that doesn't, I can see where you might be disappointed and want to vent.
Old 09-15-2011, 10:32 AM
Registered

I like your comment LATER ON, 1day after purchase & 4hrs of use & it breaks. Get real
Old 09-15-2011, 11:09 AM
Registered

I do feel they could have atleast scanned the ECM for you at no charge since you just bought the boat from them.

But I stand by my original response also.

I see both sides, but unless they ran the boat for a few hours like you did on the water, they maybe would have found these issues ? If they ran the boat "on the hose", what could you expect them to find if everything checked out ok from that minor test, which was probably maybe 10-15 minutes atthe extreme most, if they even did that. You stated that your issues occurred after a few hours of on the water run time.

Not beating you up, But Apparently it was an "as is" purchase, otherwise they would have stepped up. However in light of good customer service, they could have offered some sort of help, depending on what the deal was $$$$ wise on the purchase etc.

Again being the vinyl had been replaced along with the engine, that to me would indicate the boat wasnt well cared for as its not that old. I would have done a survey and sea trial and other due diligence as this would have been a red flag for me personally.

Sea Trial, Survey, supporting Documents, due diligence is what should have been done and provided for the purchase.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.