Funny tread in General Discussion

Notices
Formula

Funny tread in General Discussion

Old 02-01-2008, 11:24 AM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dave,I ve been a boat dealer for 41 years,sold just lots of brands over the years,sold Formula for 16 years. There is no boat company with customer support even close to Formula. Need a wiring diagram for a 25 year old Formula,they send it no charge. Need an emblem or a swim platform gasket for a 25 year old Formula, they are in stock. Many companies can't supply parts for 5 year old boats. Check the thread here from the guy from Norway,wanting the PB test of his 87 242,Daryl sent it to him no charge. Their tech assistance group (TAG) is the model for any boat company to follow,but I don't know of any that do.If I have ever had an unhappy Formula owner,they never told me about it. Coming to Bham Show? Got passes and a 353 for you. Robert

Last edited by Magicfloat; 02-01-2008 at 11:31 AM.
Old 02-01-2008, 11:55 AM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Rippem
who wants to step up first.

Ragged?

Since you put it that way .

Have been watching the thread as well since Majicfloat threw it out here, and would only say I don't see the two as apples to apples. Never been out in the Nordic, but had the chance to look one over at a show a few years ago, and would not put the finish or material quality with that of Formula. Just look at the cockpit pictures posted, lots more workmanship in the Formula. Some of that may be the East Coast vs West Coast styling, I'm not a big fan of the Eliminator seats etc either, though they build one h@ll of a boat in terms of quality and how well they run and handle. Try them both and then decide for yourself which will work best for you. And I would not call the Formula an "Old Mans Boat", more a "Gentlemans Performance Boat".

Like Axa said,,,,,,,,If what you are looking for is speed, handling and bottom design technology Fountain is tough to beat. Fountain spends more time and money perfecting and constantly updating their hull designs than anyone in the industry.
Old 02-01-2008, 12:45 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Magicfloat
Dave,I ve been a boat dealer for 41 years,sold just lots of brands over the years,sold Formula for 16 years. There is no boat company with customer support even close to Formula. Need a wiring diagram for a 25 year old Formula,they send it no charge. Need an emblem or a swim platform gasket for a 25 year old Formula, they are in stock. Many companies can't supply parts for 5 year old boats. Check the thread here from the guy from Norway,wanting the PB test of his 87 242,Daryl sent it to him no charge. Their tech assistance group (TAG) is the model for any boat company to follow,but I don't know of any that do.If I have ever had an unhappy Formula owner,they never told me about it. Coming to Bham Show? Got passes and a 353 for you. Robert

Robert,

I'm going to try to get over there on Sunday. I will call you on the way.
Old 02-01-2008, 12:52 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge
Since you put it that way .

Have been watching the thread as well since Majicfloat threw it out here, and would only say I don't see the two as apples to apples. Never been out in the Nordic, but had the chance to look one over at a show a few years ago, and would not put the finish or material quality with that of Formula. Just look at the cockpit pictures posted, lots more workmanship in the Formula. Some of that may be the East Coast vs West Coast styling, I'm not a big fan of the Eliminator seats etc either, though they build one h@ll of a boat in terms of quality and how well they run and handle. Try them both and then decide for yourself which will work best for you. And I would not call the Formula an "Old Mans Boat", more a "Gentlemans Performance Boat".

Like Axa said,,,,,,,,If what you are looking for is speed, handling and bottom design technology Fountain is tough to beat. Fountain spends more time and money perfecting and constantly updating their hull designs than anyone in the
industry.
Raggededge,

Input greatly appreciated. Fountain is definitly not for me. I boat with 2 guys that have 35 Fountains and my Baja 302 seems bigger than them.
Old 02-01-2008, 12:58 PM
Registered

My $0.02:

I have been on both boats and they are quite different. I feel its the West vs East Coast styling just as Ragged said. One of the guys on my dock owns a Nordic Dealership in KY and has a 35 w/ 525's ( I think its at the Louisville B-Show). I've got to admit, its a nice, fast, sexy boat.

I went with the Formula and couldn't be happier. Formula really is a top notch brand. They pride themselves on service and quality @ both the factory and dealer level. The 5 year warranty was also a big selling point for me, and that says that Formula stands behind their product, hands down. They really are a nice group to be a part of and I couldn't be happier.
Old 02-01-2008, 02:02 PM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge
If what you are looking for is speed, handling and bottom design technology Fountain is tough to beat. Fountain spends more time and money perfecting and constantly updating their hull designs than anyone in the industry.
If what you are looking for is size/space for two kids and amenities...

ignore the shameless Fountain plug.

Formula customer service second to none.
TOP quality production boat.
Excellent established dealer network
Formula exudes class in a performance boat (their other offerings as well)
I would much rather be trying to sell outright or trade a Formula down the road!
Old 02-01-2008, 02:23 PM
NO WAKE ENFORCER
Platinum Member

My boat is 21 years young and like said above the support is unbelievable.

go to Indiana and tour the factory that will make your decision a easy one. I was at a lake this summer a Formula employee swam over to check my old bird out. He seemed excited about working there still after 30 years, that's what I would look for employees that like their jobs.

good luck
Old 02-01-2008, 02:30 PM
BL6
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 12 Posts

Formula an "old man's boat?
When I was shopping around, I did find that insurance rates were lower for Formula's. Must be because of all you responsible old farts driving them!
Old 02-01-2008, 03:50 PM
Burnin' Love
Gold Member

Old fart and proud of it !!!
Old 02-01-2008, 04:44 PM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 11 Posts

yea, that's one old fart lookin' boat in your avatar.

how 'bout posting the full size of that shot?

Quick Reply: Funny tread in General Discussion

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.