Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
Big Big Problems......need Advice! >

Big Big Problems......need Advice!

Notices

Big Big Problems......need Advice!

Old 07-13-2005, 06:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Big Big Problems......need Advice!

they are splitting a 502 reman with you for $8500?

check www.1800runsnew.com, new 502's are $5900

will you be keeping your old block?
Old 07-13-2005, 08:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by eyezlee
they are splitting a 502 reman with you for $8500?

check www.1800runsnew.com, new 502's are $5900

will you be keeping your old block?
No it's a new block........what they told me was..... these are new engines that were sent back to merc out of new boats that had problems and then were fixed and then resold.......it could of been something minor with the engine or a big problem I guess but it was fixed by them and sold as re manufactured........that's what I was told...........I have no clue what to believe...........I guess $8500 is for the whole job..........pulling the old one out.......they tore it apart.........and putting the new one in and getting back to running order..........what the hell do I know?.........I'm probably getting hosed one way or the other........the only option for me to avoid this would be to take the boat away from them and handling it myself but considering that it's apart and there already I'm kinda screwed.........I'm really out of options at this point and sick of being land locked...........I knew the day it blew it would come down to me bending over and taking it in the tailpipe and of course it's happening! I called my attorney and he said I'm screwed and they don't have to do anything. So that's where it's at........am I happy? HELL NO! Is there any other options.............doesn't look like it either! What can I do?
Old 07-14-2005, 03:29 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dago Racing
Well I'm not "wasting my time crossing my fingers" believe me if they try and charge me one cent my attorney will be handling this........I'm done screwing around with it for sure. I don't care if I had 2 hours or 15 hours this engine wasn't right from day one.......you don't just blow gaskets on a whim.....there was something wrong when I bought it... bottom line. Believe me they can keep it and I'll unwind the financing through my attorney, I'm not getting screwed on this deal .....noway no how!
Strange probably you would have the lowest price and saying i need now warranty i take the boat like she stands there, now she is broken you say you get screwed. go buy a bicycle so you can afford warranty!!!
Old 07-14-2005, 12:23 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bubba
Strange probably you would have the lowest price and saying i need now warranty i take the boat like she stands there, now she is broken you say you get screwed. go buy a bicycle so you can afford warranty!!!
Easy there Baja Bubba....... tough guy.......I'm not going to come on here going back and forth with you so read your PM if you can read!

Last edited by Dago Racing; 07-14-2005 at 12:26 PM.
Old 07-14-2005, 12:32 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dago Racing
Well we agreed to disagree............the motor is toast..........my options were to rebuild it or get a re-manufactured engine installed. It would cost me $5200 for the rebuild .......or $8500 for the re-man with a year warranty.................I'm going with the re-man ........and they are splitting the cost ! Not too bad I guess...........could of been worse..........good news is, it I will be back in the water next week!
Your lawyer is right !.....This worked out better for you than I would have thought...I know it doesnt seem like it tho !
Old 07-14-2005, 01:04 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by birdog
Your lawyer is right !.....This worked out better for you than I would have thought...I know it doesnt seem like it tho !

Yeah unfortunately there isn't a damn thing I could do about it..........when I found that out I changed my tune.........the owner of the dealership felt bad about it but hey it wasn't his fault.........it wasn't my fault and sheeeit happens.......so I'm ok with it now.........I just want to get back in the water........chalk it up as lesson learned and move on !
Old 07-15-2005, 08:56 PM
Charter Member #94
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

DR,
I know you don't feel good about this deal, and I think most of us understand why you feel this way. But, when you look at parts, labor and shop fees, you're really not getting a bad deal at all for the complete job. Fact is, it sounds like your dealer really is going above and beyond to take care of you. You may not feel so lucky now, but many marine dealers and service shops would have told you to take a hike.
Actually, I'd like to know the name of the dealer. Just my opinion, but I think they deserve a little bit of Kudos for making an honest effort to take care of a customer in a bad luck situation.
Old 07-16-2005, 10:56 AM
Registered

I agree with Gordo, And I'm in Michigan. Give these guys some free advertising. An 11 year old used boat is "as is" As a business owner, these guys really stepped to the plate. See my beware eagle trailer thread in the truck and trailer section to see how it usually goes. Maybe I'll see you on st. clair. By the way I had a 220hr. hp500 lunch by no fault of mine, think merc. bought me a knew one? Not, and it was three years old. That one took a while to digest. It may not seem like it now, but you did well. JC
Old 07-17-2005, 08:20 PM
Registered

I will give them props once the job is completed and everything is taken care of !! At that point I will blast their names and contact points for everyone to see!
Old 08-18-2005, 03:55 PM
Registered

Angry Re: Big Big Problems......need Advice!

UPDATE:

Well it's a month and a half now and I still have problems. It's been one damn thing after another and I have no one to blame but myself. I waaay overpaid and didn't do enough homework... I wish I would have found this site prior to buying. I'm very frustrated and very pissed off. So here's the story:

I bought the boat.........less than 15 hours on it and only had it about 2 weeks.....blown an engine........NO WARRANTY..........(another stupid move on behalf)....dealership agrees to cover half the expense....fine.....engine takes over 2 weeks getting there.....finally arrives.......get the boat back......on 8/1....running great........great for about a 1/2 hour......engine won't idle.......stalls.......won't start......boat was waaaaaaaaaay out of time.......genius mechanic comes out to take a look..........says the distrubutor turned because a clamp was loose..........great no biggie.......go back out.....SAME THING HAPPENS AGAIN.......clamp loose again you ask? ME TOO! NOT.......NOT EVEN CLOSE.......mechanic comes back out next day...........drives the boat back to the dealer.......he runs out of gas.......they come and pick up my trailer to get the boat out at the nearest dock! GREAT!

Next thing.......they call and say well it's fixed and it turns out it was a bad ROTOR...........he's on his way to your house on the boat because he's test driving it..........(well halfway out of the canal he cracks another rotor but I didn't know it yet) at this time I'm saying where the hell is this guy......finally I call and they tell me the good news............cracking rotors......they're baffled.......they pull the engine AGAIN! They call me and say it has a CRACKED BLOCK......WTF........a new engine with a cracked block? WOW.........I can't stand it anymore.........now they have to order another engine and wait till it comes........this time the motor was coming from Wisconsin I guess so it wouldn't take as long........they got the engine on 8/9......they get it all put back together and guess what? WOW..........you won't believe this........it keeps jumping time.......HELLO...........BAD DISTRIBUTOR............WOW I'M DYING NOW............I had suggested this a motor ago and they said no it's not the distributor...........anyway what the hell do I know.........new distributor now installed............they put the engine back together and installed it and it runs great got the boat on 8/12...........finally right?

NOT............now I get the boat home......it's running great.......until the other day...........dead batteries........BOTH OF THEM.........UNFRICKENBELIEVABLE! Now I'm thinking how in the hell can BOTH Batteries be dead at the same time......can't happen.........batteries won't jump from a jump box......ok now I have to pull the batteries out and look at the cells.........the batteries looked like they we from 94 when the boat was built so I had to investigate.........the batteries were so old that they were the old style non-sealed, add water type of batteries.........so I popped the lids off them and sure enough bone dry.......the cells looked dead and wouldn't hold a charge.........both of them..........I thought ok they are old so that's expected..........off to the autoparts I went on Sunday.......bought two brand new sealed AC Delcos'........problem solved right.........HARDLY.........or at least I think so at the time..............

Go out on Sunday after the new batteries are installed, running great.....everything's cool.........get back to the dock.....no problem..........everythings looking up now......I can enjoy the rest of the summer .......well what's left of it anyway.........OR AT LEAST I THOUGHT..........Monday......afterwork me and the little lady load up the cooler for a late afternoon run........get 5 houses from my dock........new engine.......OVERHEATS......SMOKING......the warning beep going off the whole nine yards..........UNREAL........turn around...back to my house to put it on the hoist.........call the service manager on his cell afterhours..........I can't believe this........................mechanic comes out on Tuesday........impeller is shredded..........this could of happened to anyone I guess........but none the less it was shot........new impeller and labor another $250........ok great........back in action..............Wed Night go out for a test run to make sure no overheating..........with success no problems...............UNTIL TODAY.............I go out to cover the boat.......I decide to start her up for the hell of it.......and guess what???.............DEAD FRIGGIN BATTERIES..........BOTH OF THEM............BRAND NEW......BOTH DEAD..........nothing was left on.......there is nothing running...........nothing at all. I call the dealer AGAIN........Mechanic will be here in the morning..........and that brings everyone up to date in the on going saga of hell that I live everyday since I bought this boat.

I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE.............I'M READY TO PACK IT IN GUYS! Anyone want to buy this PIECE OF SHEEIT? Yeah right who would.....I'm totally screwed on this boat! It's one thing after another and it seems it will NEVER END!

Last edited by Dago Racing; 08-18-2005 at 04:01 PM.

Quick Reply: Big Big Problems......need Advice!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.