Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
Big Big Problems......need Advice! >

Big Big Problems......need Advice!

Notices

Big Big Problems......need Advice!

Old 08-18-2005, 09:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Big Big Problems......need Advice!

And to think that I almost put a couple of .45 slugs in mine because someone yanked the safety cord without me noticing ..
Old 08-18-2005, 09:14 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=bubba]Strange probably you would have the lowest price and saying i need now warranty i take the boat like she stands there, now she is broken you say you get screwed. go buy a bicycle so you can afford warranty!!![/QUO

WTF
Where did that come from??
Old 08-18-2005, 10:51 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Dago - sorry to hear you are having such a tough time. Hang in there. I bought my 2000 38' from a very very reputable dealer and then blew an engine with only 13 hours after purchase (only 158 total) and had to rebuild both. I was lucky to find a good local mechanic through some guys on this board (thanks Tyson and thanks OSO!!!!) and have been up and running since 7/11. However, I lost from the first day of Memorial weekend until mid July (which is pretty much half of lake season here in OK). I wouldn't second guess your decision to buy used, not only does it just piss you off (or at least it did for me), but you wouldn't have been able to get anything close to a similar boat for the same money if you bought new. At least I know I couldn't afford a new 38' when I got mine (almost twice as much). I know it's frustrating as HELL, but hang in there and things will eventually work out. And hopefully it helps to know you're not alone.
Old 08-18-2005, 11:19 PM
Registered

Id insure that thing to the max and drill a BIG hole in the bottom in DEEEEEP water
Old 08-19-2005, 07:36 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 1stfntn
Dago - sorry to hear you are having such a tough time. Hang in there. I bought my 2000 38' from a very very reputable dealer and then blew an engine with only 13 hours after purchase (only 158 total) and had to rebuild both. I was lucky to find a good local mechanic through some guys on this board (thanks Tyson and thanks OSO!!!!) and have been up and running since 7/11. However, I lost from the first day of Memorial weekend until mid July (which is pretty much half of lake season here in OK). I wouldn't second guess your decision to buy used, not only does it just piss you off (or at least it did for me), but you wouldn't have been able to get anything close to a similar boat for the same money if you bought new. At least I know I couldn't afford a new 38' when I got mine (almost twice as much). I know it's frustrating as HELL, but hang in there and things will eventually work out. And hopefully it helps to know you're not alone.
I hear ya man!
Old 08-19-2005, 07:37 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by mike11
Id insure that thing to the max and drill a BIG hole in the bottom in DEEEEEP water

AND I REALLY HEAR YOU MAN! THAT WAS MY NEXT LOGICAL MOVE!
Old 08-19-2005, 09:20 AM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts

I wish there was something I could say to make you feel better

obviously you have something making a HUGE drain on the battery......that shouldnt be too hard to find........at least its not another blown motor.......hang in there buddy!!!!

you may want start a thread in the tech Q&A section about what could flatten two brand new batteries like that........theres some pretty sharp guys around here.........someones probably been through it............doug
it will help you keep your mechanic honest too.....
Old 08-19-2005, 02:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by pull my trigger
I wish there was something I could say to make you feel better

obviously you have something making a HUGE drain on the battery......that shouldnt be too hard to find........at least its not another blown motor.......hang in there buddy!!!!

you may want start a thread in the tech Q&A section about what could flatten two brand new batteries like that........theres some pretty sharp guys around here.........someones probably been through it............doug
it will help you keep your mechanic honest too.....
Well the mechanic came out today and says there's nothing draining the battery !!!! WOW......how can that be ?
Old 08-19-2005, 03:21 PM
Registered

Do you have a Halon system in the boat? The fire extinguishers stay hot as long as the battery is connected! You may have to install a couple of isolation switches, that way you know nothing in the boat has power available!! You have had one HECK of a time with this boat, but dont give up. Get it straight, and you will enjoy the time in the boat that much more.

David
Old 08-19-2005, 04:07 PM
Registered

Dago,
I have had this problem once and it turned out to be that the switch for the seat was stuch and was trying to operate seat that was already up. Just make sure that you do not have a switch that hangs occassionally.
Allen

Quick Reply: Big Big Problems......need Advice!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.