Notices

Please Help...

Old 09-30-2008, 10:51 AM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

with some of the people that have spoken, If he doesn't produce a title soon, he wont need a skater, he will need a submarine, 'cause he's gonna be swimmin with the fishs....
Old 09-30-2008, 02:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Still no title/lien pay off. I went to the base legal today to get the whole ball rollin' (they couldn't see me on Friday when I initially went). I showed him my documents, told him the story, and the guy just started laughing. I asked him (An Air Force Captain) what was so funny. He said this is going to be so easy to get him on fraud that its not even funny. The fact that it is over multiple states makes it a Federal case if I want to push the matter. The Captain made a phone call to Rob to let him know what to expect if he didn't meet the deadline and gave him until Friday. I was a little disapppointed that he gave him another week but he knows what he's doing.

Oh ya, the number he claims to owe is $6400 now...
Old 09-30-2008, 02:44 PM
Registered

The
Ant and the Grasshopper

: The ant works hard in the withering heat all summer long, building
his house and laying up supplies for the winter.

The grasshopper thinks the ant is a fool and laughs and dances and plays the
summer away. Come winter, the ant is warm and well fed.

The grasshopper has no food or shelter, so he dies out in the cold.

MORAL OF THE STORY: Be responsible for yourself!
Old 09-30-2008, 03:04 PM
Charter Member #37 /Moderator/Platinum Member
Charter Member

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bruin_d
Still no title/lien pay off. I went to the base legal today to get the whole ball rollin' (they couldn't see me on Friday when I initially went). I showed him my documents, told him the story, and the guy just started laughing. I asked him (An Air Force Captain) what was so funny. He said this is going to be so easy to get him on fraud that its not even funny. The fact that it is over multiple states makes it a Federal case if I want to push the matter. The Captain made a phone call to Rob to let him know what to expect if he didn't meet the deadline and gave him until Friday. I was a little disapppointed that he gave him another week but he knows what he's doing.

Oh ya, the number he claims to owe is $6400 now...
Thanks for the update!

C. P. B. A. Carolina Power Boat Assoc
Old 09-30-2008, 03:09 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The 6400 was probably what was left on the loan.Your money was used as a down payment on the skater
Old 09-30-2008, 03:17 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

well..start with 5k, than add 4~6 months of no payments, interest , and late fees, the amount goes up.
Old 09-30-2008, 04:18 PM
Registered

Well, I just got off of the phone with Rob and he has paid the loan off. The Air Force lawyer was able to put it all in better terms than we could. He is going to be scanning and emailing me all of the proof later on this evening. He was extremely apologetic and told me he would have done the same thing if he were in my shoes. I told him that I was never after anything but the title and as long as everything cleared I told him that there would be no hard feelings between us. Also as a token of his appreciation for my patience he has offered to cover all of the fees with getting the paperwork changed over to my name through the Coast Guard. So those of you who said that you had a gut feeling that Rob will make it right were correct (as long as everything goes through). Thank you very much to all of you that have given me advice and helped me the last week. My door is always open to all of you including Rob if any of you are ever in my neck of the woods. In addition, if any of you are ever in Norfolk give me a call and I can get you an "insider" tour on an aircraft carrier.
Old 09-30-2008, 04:21 PM
Charter Member #37 /Moderator/Platinum Member
Charter Member

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, I just got off of the phone with Rob and he has paid the loan off. The Air Force lawyer was able to put it all in better terms than we could. He is going to be scanning and emailing me all of the proof later on this evening. He was extremely apologetic and told me he would have done the same thing if he were in my shoes. I told him that I was never after anything but the title and as long as everything cleared I told him that there would be no hard feelings between us. Also as a token of his appreciation for my patience he has offered to cover all of the fees with getting the paperwork changed over to my name through the Coast Guard. So those of you who said that you had a gut feeling that Rob will make it right were correct (as long as everything goes through). Thank you very much to all of you that have given me advice and helped me the last week. My door is always open to all of you including Rob if any of you are ever in my neck of the woods. In addition, if any of you are ever in Norfolk give me a call and I can get you an "insider" tour on an aircraft carrier.
Great news.

C. P. B. A. Carolina Power Boat Assoc
Old 09-30-2008, 04:34 PM

Thats great! Hopefully it was just a misunderstanding that was just handled improperly on his end, and he is not a scumbag that was trying to get by with something. I have my doubts though.
Old 09-30-2008, 05:14 PM
Registered

Thats Great news Bruin d. I hope it all works out smooth for you, please keep us posted.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.