Notices

Who's running a #6 in a single engine application

Old 09-01-2009, 05:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DMOORE
Two big pluses for the Arneson are:
1. The engine stays in the same location

2. The box which holds the transmission, is designed to go over the cutout for the bravo.

PS: They are lighter than a #6 also.

Darrell.
I can do the #6 without moving the engine... With the Arneson I would have to build up the center pod of the boat, trust me the arneson is bad a$$ but sounds like alot of work, but whatever I do will be alot of work...we will see...
Old 09-01-2009, 07:47 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 26 REDLINE
I can do the #6 without moving the engine... With the Arneson I would have to build up the center pod of the boat, trust me the arneson is bad a$$ but sounds like alot of work, but whatever I do will be alot of work...we will see...
You can do a #6 without moving the engine? Where are you going to put the tranny. It would be pretty hard to stuff a SuperCyborg between the engine and drive without moving anything.

Last edited by Bryan Rose; 09-01-2009 at 07:49 PM.
Old 09-01-2009, 07:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Bryan Rose
You can do a #6 without moving the engine? Where are you going to put the tranny. It would be pretty hard to stuff a SuperCyborg between the engine and drive without moving anything.
According to Steve @ RPM I have enough room to do the swap, and being that he rigged the boat, I am going on his word
Old 09-01-2009, 08:15 PM
Registered

According to Steve @ RPM I have enough room to do the swap, and being that he rigged the boat, I am going on his word
Oky dockey

Why the center pod if an Arneson is used? Do you have to lower the engine for that?
Old 09-01-2009, 08:19 PM
Registered

Oky dockey

Why the center pod if an Arneson is used? Do you have to lower the engine for that?
Back in June I looked into doing the Arneson, Steve called Rik @ Arneson and gave him the specks of the boat, that is what Rik said would have to be done to use the Arneson, I have no idea why the center pod would need to be built up, no idea at all...
Old 09-01-2009, 09:48 PM
Registered

Redline, send me a P.M. Mark Kinser's Eliminator was a 25' or a 26' that boat ran 144 mph several years in the shootout and the water was rough enough he could not stay in it. The boat would have run mid 150's on flat water. As I stated in a earlier post I have spent a lot of time in that boat as well as helping Mark put the project together it handles excellent and was a baby around the dock due to the unique transmission setup. If I were going to build a cat in that size range I would duplicate that boat exactly.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:52 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by DMOORE
Two big pluses for the Arneson are:
1. The engine stays in the same location

2. The box which holds the transmission, is designed to go over the cutout for the bravo.

PS: They are lighter than a #6 also.

Darrell.
+1!!!!!!!The Facts are the Facts
Old 09-01-2009, 09:54 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mmareno
+1!!!!!!!The Facts are the Facts
OK who is running a single engine cat with the Arneson...
Old 09-01-2009, 10:03 PM
Registered

OK who is running a single engine cat with the Arneson...

Not sure.. My .02 is to talk to Rik yourself. I was really into the box that you could put the trannie in and the fact that you use less HP to run and it is a lot lighter of a unit...

I have read alot about the Arneson especially since my cat had them when I got it.. They have a set up for everyone and it seems to make sense..

My .02 is that a # 6 is a lot of weight and uses a lot of HP to run..

Just do your research! I see other boats converting over and getting GREAT results.. You may be right, but I never take the one mans opinion.

Good luck
Old 09-01-2009, 10:06 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Oky dockey

Bryan,

The center pod has to be modified because it has a notch in it and that has to be filled in order for the arneson box to mount low enough to get the prop shaft where Arneson suggests. Basically the box needs to be as low as you can get it to the running surface without interupting the water flow.

On the #6, the engine does not have to come up because the propshaft height on a 6 is 1.14" above the 2" shorty and we have a .5" spacer in Jeff's drive. Basically we are going up 1.64" without changing the engine height. As far as forward movement, that is not an issue (see the attached pic). The bulkhead in front of the engine compartment is 57.5" from the transom along the tunnel roof. The pics were before the blower upgrade but you get the idea. Hope this answers your questions.

Steve
Attached Thumbnails Who's running a #6 in a single engine application-img_0161b.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.