Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Fountain @ LOTO passengers injured in near rollover >

Fountain @ LOTO passengers injured in near rollover

Notices

Fountain @ LOTO passengers injured in near rollover

Old 09-04-2012, 11:59 AM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts

Theres only a little piece of it shown in the vid just after the break but the sticks are buried when they hit the wake....

What are the screen names of the other OSO members in the boat?
Old 09-04-2012, 12:03 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by pullmytrigger
Theres only a little piece of it shown in the vid just after the break but the sticks are buried when they hit the wake....

What are the screen names of the other OSO members in the boat?
I highly doubt the so called "driver" will ever chime in......
Old 09-04-2012, 12:56 PM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by TBAG
I've seen more than one person at LOTO get caught off guard by a set of rollers they didn't see coming until they were right on top of them. If you get tunnel vision and are just looking at the water directly in front of you then you can miss that Bluewater, Carver, Sea Ray, etc. that just crossed the lake in front of you or passed you on the opposite side of the lake. You don't see any white water as the rollers don't break. All of the sudden you go from confused cross-chop to a set of 3 massive rollers that you are already past the point of setting up for. Not saying that is the case here but it could very well have been what happened. You not only have to pay attention to the water in front of you but also what boats are running around you and prepare for the water you know is going to be coming your way but you cannot yet see.
Old 09-04-2012, 12:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First off, lets all thank God that everyone is alive. 2nd lets also tip our cap to the captain nor staying sober, got to give him credit for that since I took my 34 Vyper on our first poker run and my entire crew was pretty lit up while I stayed sober. (I was doubled fisted as soon as the engines shut off for the night at the dock). As far as what happened? Unless we got some shots of what he was looking at ahead of him, we will never know. Any speed above idle in a performance boat can be dangerous. Can we "blame" a cruiser type boat wake? Not usually but after spending most of my life on the water, one thing I have noticed about some cruisers is their lack of planing. So many times I have seen cruisers "plowing" or digging up water. Instead of getting it up on plane and smoothing it out, they just keep that ass end buried and make huge unnecessary wake. Those people also need some type of class to learn to get the boat on plane!
Old 09-04-2012, 01:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.rightthisminute.com/video...ident-missouri
Old 09-04-2012, 01:14 PM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Most cruisers are displacement hulls versus planing hulls, so you will never see them planing.
Old 09-04-2012, 01:18 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by TBAG
The insurance factor and his lawyer will forbid it.
Old 09-04-2012, 01:22 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
LOTO is basically a river. No wide open spaces on it. As for the video, if you are going to have a dock off the channel you best invest in a rough water dock with a breakwall.

Best wishes to those injured for a speedy and full recovery.
Thanks for the clarification,
Old 09-04-2012, 01:27 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Let me say again I am glad everyone is ok per say and will be able to make a recovery, just didn't want to sound shallow with my next question,

Does or did the boat suffer damage in such a violent spin out?
Old 09-04-2012, 01:28 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 10 Posts

Question for those of you that do your boating on small inland lakes like LOTO. How big does the water really get?

I have spent my life on the Atlantic ocean as a pleasure boater and offshore racer. The only lake boating I have ever done is on the Great Lakes and that was racing. As an ocean boater I find it very difficult to believe that a driver with any seat time at all would have a hard time navigating boat wakes. I'm not trying to place blame just trying to figure out why people seem to be having such a difficult time with these wakes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.