Fountain @ LOTO passengers injured in near rollover >

Fountain @ LOTO passengers injured in near rollover

Notices

Fountain @ LOTO passengers injured in near rollover

Old 09-04-2012, 10:34 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pro1
This guy is an apba racer? What is he doing with the throttles? It is a combustion engine. Dumping fuel and closing the butterfly's as fast as you can would make a boat slide with no propulsion?
I saw that was said above. I didnt say anything due to the fact that i am not an expirenced professional boat racer at all. I really thought I would see more comments on the fact that the driver is claimed to be a APBA driver. Possibly a driver and not a throttleman?
Old 09-04-2012, 11:14 AM
Registered

Found this.....

http://www.mshp.dps.mo.gov/WP03/Acci...T_NUM=A157453F
Old 09-04-2012, 11:16 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

OK, I'm staying in Michigan where there is plenty of water to go around....
Old 09-04-2012, 11:52 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts

When watching it keep in mind the video is edited. They get up on plane and start to run -- then a piece is cut out -- then the accident. It looks to me that they were going FAST. After the piece was cut out he was already wide open and hauling.

With that said the problem was speed. Run slower and smarter. Run faster in open areas with less people on board.
Old 09-04-2012, 11:59 AM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts

Theres only a little piece of it shown in the vid just after the break but the sticks are buried when they hit the wake....

What are the screen names of the other OSO members in the boat?
Old 09-04-2012, 12:03 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by pullmytrigger
Theres only a little piece of it shown in the vid just after the break but the sticks are buried when they hit the wake....

What are the screen names of the other OSO members in the boat?
I highly doubt the so called "driver" will ever chime in......
Old 09-04-2012, 12:56 PM
Registered

Received 755 Likes on 407 Posts

Originally Posted by TBAG
I highly doubt the so called "driver" will ever chime in......
I've seen more than one person at LOTO get caught off guard by a set of rollers they didn't see coming until they were right on top of them. If you get tunnel vision and are just looking at the water directly in front of you then you can miss that Bluewater, Carver, Sea Ray, etc. that just crossed the lake in front of you or passed you on the opposite side of the lake. You don't see any white water as the rollers don't break. All of the sudden you go from confused cross-chop to a set of 3 massive rollers that you are already past the point of setting up for. Not saying that is the case here but it could very well have been what happened. You not only have to pay attention to the water in front of you but also what boats are running around you and prepare for the water you know is going to be coming your way but you cannot yet see.
Old 09-04-2012, 12:59 PM
Registered

First off, lets all thank God that everyone is alive. 2nd lets also tip our cap to the captain nor staying sober, got to give him credit for that since I took my 34 Vyper on our first poker run and my entire crew was pretty lit up while I stayed sober. (I was doubled fisted as soon as the engines shut off for the night at the dock). As far as what happened? Unless we got some shots of what he was looking at ahead of him, we will never know. Any speed above idle in a performance boat can be dangerous. Can we "blame" a cruiser type boat wake? Not usually but after spending most of my life on the water, one thing I have noticed about some cruisers is their lack of planing. So many times I have seen cruisers "plowing" or digging up water. Instead of getting it up on plane and smoothing it out, they just keep that ass end buried and make huge unnecessary wake. Those people also need some type of class to learn to get the boat on plane!
Old 09-04-2012, 01:14 PM
Registered

http://www.rightthisminute.com/video...ident-missouri
Old 09-04-2012, 01:14 PM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Most cruisers are displacement hulls versus planing hulls, so you will never see them planing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.