On the subject of Safety.....and flames >

On the subject of Safety.....and flames

Notices

On the subject of Safety.....and flames

Old 11-18-2013, 12:41 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by T2x
P.S. I only object to steps on truly fast monohulls...they work fine at 60 mph on a Formula Cruiser.
Hey, even some old Formula's don't need steps.
Attached Thumbnails On the subject of Safety.....and flames-20cl2.jpg  
Old 11-18-2013, 12:46 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by T2x
According to Tony Caligure the boat was a total loss....the OTHER Copeland turbine Skater was repaired after it caught on fire (there were two).

P.S neither of these is the current turbine record attempt hull.

Quite –I’m confident your objective view of the material risks does not provide you with an automatic admission to the ‘liberal media’ club…

On other matters, rather than rudely interrupt the discussion here, I’ll post on the steps discussion elsewhere.

I suspect we will probably agree on more than you think.

ND1
Old 11-18-2013, 02:12 PM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts

Turbines like to be at 41,000 ft in clean air, running at a constant speed and ITT (inlet turbine temp). Not in a boat getting hammered on in corrosive salt water. Thats when fatigue kicks in and things go boom!!
Old 11-18-2013, 05:28 PM
Registered

Received 735 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by 96scarab
Turbines like to be at 41,000 ft in clean air, running at a constant speed and ITT (inlet turbine temp). Not in a boat getting hammered on in corrosive salt water. Thats when fatigue kicks in and things go boom!!
Like I said in the deleted thread. Look at the Abrams tank and the environment it operates in. Dirt, dust, water, hot, cold and constant throttle position changes. moving 63 plus tons at speed with an AGT1500.
Old 11-18-2013, 06:00 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've watched these guy's design through a lot of technology.... Docking issues, Baer (brakes) bolted to the Stearn drives... In early 2003 Callahan ran 203 at the Ozarks. (the year that HTM got wadded up!!) They're are a lot more guys running these set ups then 10 years ago when Mystic was slinging these boats at a WOPPIN 1 boat a year. Hardly a mere oversight on the technical side (i think). They've come a long way!

:dockside:

Also... (not trying to start an arguement but) I think the 41K' level is closer to the ceiling then at sea level where the air is nice and thick!
Old 11-18-2013, 07:31 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by T2x
According to Tony Caligure the boat was a total loss....the OTHER Copeland turbine Skater was repaired after it caught on fire (there were two).

P.S neither of these is the current turbine record attempt hull.
According to Copelands, the one that Tony was in was the 40' and it was not totaled. I believe it's the one that Stan Ware has. The one that was not repaired was the 46' which is currently the Mardi Gras Parade boat for Copeland's now.

Correct, neither is the current 56' boat that was Al's last boat.
Old 11-18-2013, 07:34 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Interceptor
Like I said in the deleted thread. Look at the Abrams tank and the environment it operates in. Dirt, dust, water, hot, cold and constant throttle position changes. moving 63 plus tons at speed with an AGT1500.
Shhh.. Fact's confuse people.
Old 11-18-2013, 07:41 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

These guy's are really cleaver in their innovations trying to find an appropriate set up that's both safe and reliable.

......And pissed away a serious amount of money; R and D ing their ideas over the past 10-15 years.

:CH1P:
Old 11-18-2013, 09:51 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 96scarab
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...56643336,d.cWc
Old 11-18-2013, 10:19 PM
VP of the tickfaw200

Received 148 Likes on 60 Posts

They have trashed hulls every were between al and Stan down here lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.