Old 03-30-2018, 10:02 AM
Registered

Received 124 Likes on 45 Posts

Still enjoy seeing the videos of people leaving:
Old 03-30-2018, 10:12 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Great video!! Gets me excited for boating season. My favorite part of shootout was running back like that. Got to love cigs in the rough. That boat is playing with that water.
Old 03-30-2018, 10:29 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Definitely not going to miss the year's most insane water conditions on the Lake.

Old 03-30-2018, 11:40 AM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts

It’s ashame that a problem created by a large cruisers has shut such a large portion of the Lake down for everone. I can’t imagine the frustration for teams trying to get home after the shootout to make adjustments or repairs or for planners of events happing at lower mile markers with everyone stuck on the lake in miles of idle only zone. To top it off cruisers have amenities to make hours of idle comfortable. Idling for hours in the sun or rain with out protection or a bathroom is not fun. The suggestion that people simply avoid the no wake restriction by staying at a restaurant/bar until the restriction is lifted is irresponsible. Boaters after a day on the lake and/or evening in one of the restaurants/bars unfamiliiar with LOTO out in mass running after dark at 30 MPH as an answer to the problem is probably more dangerous than allowing everyone to run as they have in the past.

LOTO Water Saftey Council and MSHP need to place restrictions squarely where they belong instead of penalizing everyone before they ruin the event to the point it looses all its appeal. By the time merchants and everyone notice a loss of attendance/revenue and make a scene to change it will be too late.
Old 03-30-2018, 11:57 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rvtransport
Sucks cruiser's have to ruin it for all of us. But I understand the damage it causes to docks and is dangerous if your in a small boat. But I will always miss the crazy times running back from shootout.
Yep. Why not apply no-wake to cruisers-only? They’re floating condos, anyway. They’d actually be doing them a favor by giving them more time on them.

Pick a minimum Cruiser length of 25’ or 30’ for idling, place a few WP officers along the channel to help enforce (inform the public beforehand that WP will be approaching boats if they want them to slow down to idle-speed), and discretion of WP Officer is final. Like speeding on land, you won’t get 100% enforcement, but if it makes a big enough difference and response is favorable, might let the rest of the boats run on plane with mininal wake.

I emailed WP with that very suggestion. Much simpler for them to do like they did and set one rule for everyone, so a bit of humility may help us. Long shot for sure, but I’d rather try than whine/vent online.

Hey, I love running in the sh*t show as much as the next “offshore” knucklehead fan, but it’s a popular lake and we ain’t the only the fish in it. If we don’t compromise, rules like those in place are what happens.

Last edited by Keytime; 03-30-2018 at 12:19 PM.
Old 03-30-2018, 12:12 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Old 03-30-2018, 12:18 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Them videos show how big the loto dishwasher water gets!
Old 03-30-2018, 05:29 PM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

Time stagger the no wake zone by. Boat. Length
Old 03-30-2018, 09:10 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by Keytime

Yep. Why not apply no-wake to cruisers-only? They’re floating condos, anyway. They’d actually be doing them a favor by giving them more time on them.

Pick a minimum Cruiser length of 25’ or 30’ for idling, place a few WP officers along the channel to help enforce (inform the public beforehand that WP will be approaching boats if they want them to slow down to idle-speed), and discretion of WP Officer is final. Like speeding on land, you won’t get 100% enforcement, but if it makes a big enough difference and response is favorable, might let the rest of the boats run on plane with mininal wake.

I emailed WP with that very suggestion. Much simpler for them to do like they did and set one rule for everyone, so a bit of humility may help us. Long shot for sure, but I’d rather try than whine/vent online.

Hey, I love running in the sh*t show as much as the next “offshore” knucklehead fan, but it’s a popular lake and we ain’t the only the fish in it. If we don’t compromise, rules like those in place are what happens.
then you get into what defines a cruiser?

Great example I registered my sailboat as a powerboat tosave a $3 bs fee a couple weeks ago. Told them it’s a powerboat with a big stripper pole 🤷*♀️
Old 03-30-2018, 09:29 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by tmmii

then you get into what defines a cruiser?

Great example I registered my sailboat as a powerboat tosave a $3 bs fee a couple weeks ago. Told them it’s a powerboat with a big stripper pole ��*♀️

1. WP could brainstorm with a local marina or two to come up with examples for those “boat classification challenged”. List those online and boaters can inquire online between now and then about their own boat. Lots of time to do so. All inquiries will be posted on a list. Pretty simple, IMO. Remember that water patrol officers have final say on the water.

2. Go by a combination of length/displacement minimums.

Last edited by Keytime; 03-30-2018 at 11:11 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.