Notices

LOTO boating..

Old 04-16-2020, 12:38 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,825 Likes on 910 Posts

Originally Posted by FlyenBrian
Nothing wrong with civil discourse and did not accuse anyone of not being civil.. Standing by my opinion that there are better places to have a political discussion in these times, than in the middle of a thread titled LOTO Boating, in the middle of a forum titled Offshore Only. It's not offshore, and it's not LOTO boating. Nothing positive is coming from this clusterfckarama and I'm sorry if holding you to higher standard than the rest of us hacks was not appropriate. Will leave that up to you to decide if I am off base or not.
The LOTO boating discussion was basically done and many other topics were included in the discussion from the very beginning of the thread. The thread had been going for 15 days before you chose to respond to it and you still have not added anything about "LOTO Boating." Obviously people are interested in what is being said in the thread. It has 131 posts and 13,500 views.
Using your reasoning, we shouldn't even talk about LOTO since the site is OffshoreOnly

Last edited by Griff; 04-16-2020 at 12:41 AM.
Old 04-16-2020, 06:11 AM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,775 Likes on 1,249 Posts

[QUOTE=FlyenBrian;4733996]Nothing wrong with civil discourse and did not accuse anyone of not being civil.. Standing by my opinion that there are better places to have a political discussion in these times, than in the middle of a thread titled LOTO Boating, in the middle of a forum titled Offshore Only. It's not offshore, and it's not LOTO boating. Nothing positive is coming from this clusterfckarama and I'm sorry if holding you to higher standard than the rest of us hacks was not appropriate. Will leave that up to you to decide if I am off base or not.[/QUOTE

clusterfckarama: I am using that in the near future, if you don't mind.

You can and should hold me to a higher standard. It comes with the hat. If you can't handle critique, on point or baseless, journalism is the wrong profession.

I try to opine here carefully and selectively. Should I at all? Perhaps not.

But the subject of bankruptcy (and that really is all I commented on) is a hot one for me because I've lost money to it. And still, I support it as a course of last resort for some. Have I seen the downstream effects? Oh yes, which is I why while I don't support the notion of debtor prison, Offshoredrillin makes a good point. Paying—literally—for the poor decisions or even the plain old bad fortune of others really, really sucks.

Conversations meander, it's the way of things online, especially these, especially with politics. I don't enter the fray because it is, as you say, a "clusterfckarama."

See? I used it already.

But bringing it back to the thread subject: The Lake of the Ozarks is among the finest inland boating destinations I've ever enjoyed, and I've been lucky to spend time on a few of the world's most amazing waterways. May it return to robust health. I love the lake. But I love the people more.

And I'm out. I hope that you and yours are safe and sound.

Last edited by Matt Trulio; 04-16-2020 at 06:15 AM.
Old 04-16-2020, 07:15 AM
Registered

Received 410 Likes on 243 Posts

Sooooooooooooooo, back to boating at LOTO, I was out yesterday for a little ride around. Water is murky, no floaters and just a few boaters out. Seems like everyone is doing yard work. LOL
Old 04-16-2020, 08:00 AM
Registered

Received 752 Likes on 405 Posts

Originally Posted by Helmwurst
Sooooooooooooooo, back to boating at LOTO, I was out yesterday for a little ride around. Water is murky, no floaters and just a few boaters out. Seems like everyone is doing yard work. LOL
We get past this latest cold snap and I’ll be down running around burning last October’s gas. Hopefully a week from tomorrow. Wife was saying gas at Kelly’s Port was $1.60 something a gallon. Who would have thought we’d ever see $2 gas on the water again?! Plan to support who I can with dockside pickup and carry out while there. Just have to make the best of it for the time being.
Old 04-19-2020, 07:55 PM
Registered

Received 204 Likes on 97 Posts

FWIW just got back from LOTO, lake appears to be rising although very minimally. Up just a 4-5 inches over the last 3-4 days, absolutely no debris in the water. People are out taking advantage of low gas prices. Lots of activity with a calm 70 degree weather. Filled up today @ $2.00 a gallon. Lots of people coming down to the lake it appears to escaping the city. An optimist by nature I do think Missouri will open up sooner than other states and as long as we don't get massive debris fields from heavy spring rains LOTO should be more busy than ususal in May. With no profession sports allowed, no youth spring sports and graduations all suspended traffic will be up regardless IMO. My hope is we can see water front restraunts (etc) open with limited seating by M-day.
Old 04-19-2020, 08:32 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Charts like that usually have an agenda (like religious people against abortion). Sadly google confirms 50MM abortions worldwide per year (US only has about 600K a year recently). Suicides at 250K is light, the average is closer to 1mm with some reports saying 1.5mm could be the number in 2020. Malaria is actually closer to 450K.
Why the comment "like religious people"? Facts are facts.

Now if you look the cart it was for rhe first quarter of 2020. So you need to multiply those numbers by 4 for an annual number. So when you annualize it suicide is 1m. What is staggering is abortions are 10m. Death is death. To me all death is tragic but is worse at the hands of others or when preventable but society doesnt address the problem.
Old 04-19-2020, 09:44 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 137 Likes on 82 Posts

Great weekend of boating. Looked like summer. Went to millstone sat and it was packed. Chesnies was serving food and drinks. Was real good! Going back tommorow or Tuesday to fill up with gas.
Old 04-19-2020, 11:00 PM
Registered

Received 204 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by flat rate
Great weekend of boating. Looked like summer. Went to millstone sat and it was packed. Chesnies was serving food and drinks. Was real good! Going back tommorow or Tuesday to fill up with gas.
Thats where it was 2 buck gas, there gas dock was busy, they said they just ordered another 3000 gallons for next weekend
Old 04-20-2020, 01:29 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,825 Likes on 910 Posts

I saw posts on FB that 87 octane was $1.59 at Paradise and $1.69 at Kelly's Port(+they give another 10 cents off for cash).
Old 04-20-2020, 07:18 AM
Registered

Received 1,331 Likes on 743 Posts

Originally Posted by Griff
I saw posts on FB that 87 octane was $1.59 at Paradise and $1.69 at Kelly's Port(+they give another 10 cents off for cash).
That is cheaper then our on land gas prices,,,, but we have pro wrestling! LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.