Notices

LOTO boating..

Old 04-02-2020, 09:38 AM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by Indy
So just to be clear we should go back to life as normal right?

I'll give my .02 on this. Those that are elderly, have pre-existing health issues and are high risk should stay quarantined. Those that are healthy and young should go to life as normal with the exception of having no contact with the elderly and those in high risk category. The fear with this "everything locked down" philosophy is that when it is eventually "over" and everyone emerges from under their rocks, there is a LARGE likely-hood that another flood of infection will begin. There's a theory called "herd immunity" and I buy into it. For those that are healthy, COVID is a nasty flu. Gonna put you on your butt for a week and you'll recover. With herd immunity, you pass the weaker strength strain on to the next healthy person who in turn passes it on and so on and so on weakening the virus as it spreads until it eventually dies out. This wont happen if everyone just hides from it....Oh, and we're absolutely destroying our economy.

So, yeah, go back to business as usual while being smart. Continue to wash your hands, not touch your face, practice a higher rate of sanitizing, stay away form elderly and ill. I think the cease of life as we know it is way over-kill and is killing our country.
Old 04-02-2020, 12:06 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,051 Likes on 1,357 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
Our daughter is a nurse as well and has had a few direct patients with the virus ranging from ok to severe. She said now that she's directly dealt with it (patients), she feels less anxious about it after seeing the recovery. She has to self quarantine now for a couple weeks to confirm she is not infected, so far so good. I also work closely with our Emergency Operations Police and Fire. Both my daughter and emergency operations people explain this hydroxychloroquine coupled with a Z pack is the closest thing to a miracle they've seen. No BS, it works and is readily available (for now). I've been told numerous times from people in the know directly dealing with this, if you contract COVID, take those drugs asap. Rest up and get well.
That is certainly encouraging in the this day of hysteria, be safe and hope your daughter is clean.
Old 04-02-2020, 01:59 PM
Registered

Received 204 Likes on 97 Posts

Our daughter is a nurse as well and has had a few direct patients with the virus ranging from ok to severe. She said now that she's directly dealt with it (patients), she feels less anxious about it after seeing the recovery. She has to self quarantine now for a couple weeks to confirm she is not infected, so far so good. I also work closely with our Emergency Operations Police and Fire. Both my daughter and emergency operations people explain this hydroxychloroquine coupled with a Z pack is the closest thing to a miracle they've seen. No BS, it works and is readily available (for now). I've been told numerous times from people in the know directly dealing with this, if you contract COVID, take those drugs asap. Rest up and get well.
I too think this is a game changer and its being way under-reported. I work with #'s all day long as part of my job and have paid close attention to the rates of infection and NY and other national trends with this virus. The media from what I have seen have not given anyone hope that needs it. Its a herd mentality alright and it appears they want the sheep to jump over the cliff.
Old 04-02-2020, 03:14 PM
Registered

Received 365 Likes on 209 Posts

I'll give my .02 on this. Those that are elderly, have pre-existing health issues and are high risk should stay quarantined. Those that are healthy and young should go to life as normal with the exception of having no contact with the elderly and those in high risk category. The fear with this "everything locked down" philosophy is that when it is eventually "over" and everyone emerges from under their rocks, there is a LARGE likely-hood that another flood of infection will begin. There's a theory called "herd immunity" and I buy into it. For those that are healthy, COVID is a nasty flu. Gonna put you on your butt for a week and you'll recover. With herd immunity, you pass the weaker strength strain on to the next healthy person who in turn passes it on and so on and so on weakening the virus as it spreads until it eventually dies out. This wont happen if everyone just hides from it....Oh, and we're absolutely destroying our economy.

So, yeah, go back to business as usual while being smart. Continue to wash your hands, not touch your face, practice a higher rate of sanitizing, stay away form elderly and ill. I think the cease of life as we know it is way over-kill and is killing our country.

From Cig history to the Corona this guy is a smart dude.... Stay safe Tank
Old 04-02-2020, 03:27 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by J-Bonz
From Cig history to the Corona this guy is a smart dude.... Stay safe Tank
I wouldn't go that far. LOL

You too Jack. Hope all is well.

By the way, you never answered my question of "what's a "red motor" " you wrote about on RDP.
Old 04-02-2020, 06:08 PM
Registered

Received 365 Likes on 209 Posts

I wouldn't go that far. LOL

You too Jack. Hope all is well.

By the way, you never answered my question of "what's a "red motor" " you wrote about on RDP.
The big C in the dodges.
Old 04-03-2020, 07:56 AM
Registered

Received 407 Likes on 241 Posts

So, been a pretty quiet week here at LOTO, boating wise. Lots of high wind, but pretty mild weather otherwise. New cases of Covid-19 virus are starting to ramp up some. Went from 12 early this week to 19 as of late last night. Lake Reginal has posted some updated news on testing and stat's of cases. Info can be found on Lake News.com and Lake Regional website. Everyone be safe and take the necessary precautions.
Old 04-03-2020, 03:33 PM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

I'm feeling pretty good for being positive with covid. Washed and waxed the boat today and fired it up on the hose. Rode my bicycle too. Girlfriend better but still much sicker then I am. Gas is down to .99 now but there is some question if they are going to allow people to tow their boats as the state is on lockdown!
Old 04-03-2020, 03:48 PM
Registered

Received 735 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood
I'm feeling pretty good for being positive with covid. Washed and waxed the boat today and fired it up on the hose. Rode my bicycle too. Girlfriend better but still much sicker then I am. Gas is down to .99 now but there is some question if they are going to allow people to tow their boats as the state is on lockdown!
Although not state wide the DNR closed three boat ramps in the Traverse City area yesterday. Scuttlebutt is distancing wasn't being practiced in the parking lot or on the docks.
Old 04-04-2020, 08:31 PM
Registered

Received 4,326 Likes on 1,241 Posts

Got an email all short term rentals are prohibited till April 30th , just like Florida. Everyone is getting a refund.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.