Notices

Gas prices $$

Old 05-12-2022, 10:12 AM
Registered

Received 243 Likes on 130 Posts

FJB
Poopy pants and his handlers are to destroying us
The following 3 users liked this post by RSCHAP1:
River Rat 164 (05-19-2022), SB (05-12-2022), the deep (05-12-2022)
Old 05-12-2022, 10:47 AM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
Bipartisan? WTH
That bill is a worthless act that gives politicians nothing more than a bull-horn to complain to OPEC about the price of Oil. It's a smoke-screen to cover the fact that they are suppressing the development of US energy. Republicans are idiots for signing on to it and allow the Dems any cover.

Meanwhile, on the day the Administration cuts off future US oil and gas supplies, the Dems give us this:

Pelosi Bashes 'Big Oil', Pitches Plan To Make Gas Price Increases Illegal

BY TYLER DURDEN
THURSDAY, MAY 12, 2022 - 11:42 AMBrilliant!

During her weekly press conference, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi unveiled the Democrats' latest plan to slow the surge in gas prices that is top of mind for Americans. Their solution is (drum roll please): price controls!

Having begged OPEC to pump more (and quietly asked the dastardly domestic fossil fuel crowd to help out), Democrats blew their wad on the largest SPR release in history... and achieved nothing, as gas prices reached a new record high...

Democratic Congresswomen Kim Schrier and Katie Porter have introduced the 'Consumer Fuel Price Gouging Prevention Act' that will give the President the power to issue an Energy Emergency Declaration that would make it unlawful to increase gasoline and home energy fuel prices in an excessive or exploitative manner.
“At a time when people in the 8th district and across the country are feeling the pinch at the gas pump, Congress needs to be doing all it can to bring down costs for American families. What’s infuriating is that this is happening at the same time that gas and oil companies are making record profits and taking advantage of international crises to make a profit. This must stop,” said Rep. Schrier.

“Gas and oil companies should be held accountable and should not be making the situation worse by gouging Americans at the pump. This bill needs to be passed and signed into law as soon as possible.”

"Oil companies are not struggling—they continue to announce record profits and tens of billions dollars’ worth of stock buybacks—but families are," said Rep. Porter, Chair of the House Natural Resources Subcommittee on Oversight.

"Big Oil is price gouging families because they can. Enough is enough. I'm proud to help introduce this bill that will hold these corporations accountable, stop their abuse, and give families relief.
Perhaps an 'economist' could explain what happens to supply of something is government enforces a cap on the price of that thing... (Hint: it does not go up!)

Brace for more shortages if this bill passes!
Old 05-12-2022, 10:59 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 496 Likes on 271 Posts

Has anyone published a thesis on "a world where the average person cannot afford gasoline"?
The following users liked this post:
SB (05-13-2022)
Old 05-12-2022, 12:47 PM
Registered

Received 407 Likes on 241 Posts

Go ahead and put in price controls and see what happens next. Producers will just cap the wells, shutter the refineries and lay off all the craftsmen that do the dirty work. Politicians are idiots when it comes to this kind of stuff. I'm sure they are devising a plan to get everything up and running down the road when they can get the stock down low or develop a plan to get all the kickbacks for themselves, family and best friend. Ever notice how an entry level politician goes into office a poor local boy/girl, comes out in a few years a wealthy rick rocksuker making not much more than or even as much as the average professional whatever? Has a house or condo in DC, one in their state capital and their "personal residence".
The following 4 users liked this post by Helmwurst:
IGetWet (05-13-2022), offshoredrillin (05-12-2022), stealthfever (05-13-2022), the deep (05-12-2022)
Old 05-12-2022, 01:44 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 947 Likes on 476 Posts

Originally Posted by Helmwurst
Go ahead and put in price controls and see what happens next. Producers will just cap the wells, shutter the refineries and lay off all the craftsmen that do the dirty work. Politicians are idiots when it comes to this kind of stuff. I'm sure they are devising a plan to get everything up and running down the road when they can get the stock down low or develop a plan to get all the kickbacks for themselves, family and best friend. Ever notice how an entry level politician goes into office a poor local boy/girl, comes out in a few years a wealthy rick rocksuker making not much more than or even as much as the average professional whatever? Has a house or condo in DC, one in their state capital and their "personal residence".
Dont forget driving a Tesla (AOC)

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Helmwurst (05-13-2022)
Old 05-13-2022, 04:46 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 592 Likes on 272 Posts

Originally Posted by Helmwurst
This is exactly the problem and why there Must be Term limits.
The following 4 users liked this post by Quinlan:
Helmwurst (05-13-2022), stealthfever (05-13-2022), TomZ (05-13-2022), Unlimited jd (05-15-2022)
Old 05-15-2022, 03:41 PM
Registered

Received 1,285 Likes on 474 Posts

The guy next to me asked how big the fuel tank was, I told him I forgot. He said “I’m prayin for ya”.
The following 3 users liked this post by hoodoo:
Eddienel (05-15-2022), SB (05-15-2022), underpsi68 (05-15-2022)
Old 05-15-2022, 07:17 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

$5.34 today for 93.........lucky the tank is only 15.8 gallons! :

I think today was the first time I paid over $5
Old 05-15-2022, 07:33 PM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

Any time a big bill is announced I ask “what is hidden under this bill? What are they trying to sneak in along with it?”
Old 05-15-2022, 07:59 PM
Registered

Received 447 Likes on 245 Posts

4.75 for 87 today 5.45 for 91 ethanol free and 6.50 for diesel street price........ may 15 oswego ny
Wildman_grafix (05-16-2022)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.