Notices

The Fountain video

Old 03-11-2022, 07:15 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by getrdunn
Im questioning if he was the same guy that bit it in haulover inlet with the 39 or 42 cig. Can’t remember but guy in the passengers pretty messed up including a broken back. Evidently he deserves a free hall pass. Chit does happen I get it. But….
​​​​​​
Old 03-11-2022, 07:24 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Ive never watched the video all the way through. A very close friend was working at the place where the boat was brought in and everyone was offloaded. they fixed the boat as well. my friend told me the owner was a super nice guy and very humble and aware of the injuries and what happened, he was a good guy the complete time and very concerned about the others. I cant just pile on, everyone makes mistakes. unlike the kid with the 39 above who now owns the redone 50 from tnt.. he laughs about that accident on IG.. now thats a problem.
The following 7 users liked this post by offshoredrillin:
1983ScarabIII (03-11-2022), Gimme Fuel (03-17-2022), rak rua (03-11-2022), thisistank (03-11-2022), TomZ (03-11-2022), Twin O/B Sonic (03-12-2022), underpsi68 (03-11-2022)
Old 03-11-2022, 07:49 PM
Charter Member #737
Charter Member

Received 73 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by getrdunn
I know everyone’s seen it ten times over but I happened to run across it again today and watched a few times. Still uncertain what happened. Guy looks like a complete nerd etc etc. What was more upsetting than anything was the fact he just sat on the floor likely a little stunned but had no auto reactions to secure and check everyone. That should be instant unless he was KO’d but clearly wasn’t. What a day to have a buddy install a dash cam. Damm

- boat didn’t appear to be over trimmed

- I didn’t see any big wake that was claimed to cause

- didn’t appear to be turning sharp but maybe a little

- should’ve drive through it rather than pulling out of it?

- step bottom have anything to do with it?

Wtf - remember when I first saw this years ago I assumed he hit a big boat wake and hooked a trim tab.

Lastly I’m surprised bald man hasn’t been on dr Phil from all the criticism and bs he got and deserved over all the years. Gotta be about number one fk up guy on the boating net plus.
LOTO is a big washing machine on some days. That was the Friday of the shootout. It was the worst I have seen the lake except the the party cove days. We went from the 35 mm to the 6 mm in a 28 Apache with no issues. However I did not run the piss out of it on the way back home. Not sure what MM it happened. Wish people would just drop it unless you happen to be on the boat you have no clue. Don't judge. Maybe you will f.ck up sometime and the rest the world will see it for years. I don't know the guy but the mom was hot.
The following users liked this post:
1983ScarabIII (03-11-2022)
Old 03-11-2022, 08:04 PM
Registered

Received 1,285 Likes on 474 Posts

Originally Posted by Stuckonstupid
Why hasn’t Lake Meade been mentioned yet?
Took my 85 yr old dad and another old timer on the burnt store fun run last Saturday. On the way down there, out of the blue, my dad said I should take the boat out to Lake Mead, he said it’s beautiful and “like glass”. I told him I’d heard otherwise. Have no idea what inspired him to bring up Mead.

getrdunn (03-12-2022)
Old 03-11-2022, 08:45 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Originally Posted by hoodoo
I hear that all the time about LOTO, can it get so bad you can’t find clean water to run in? Never been there but sounds aggravating.
There is next to no clean water to run in on most Summer weekends and it has gotten progressively rougher over the last few years.
10 years ago, my 32 AT was plenty on any weekend and now, its pretty bumpy and impossible stay on top of the waves. The cruisers just keep getting bigger and LOTO is more like wide river so the waves just bounce back off the shore. It is like running in a 3' chop with 3-5' rollers from several directions.
KCHOTBOAT (03-14-2022)
Old 03-11-2022, 09:15 PM
Registered

Received 113 Likes on 66 Posts

Lake St Clair is the same way. The boats keep getting bigger, and there are more of them. There are certain areas we avoid, if at all possible, on heavy traffic days. Waves from any direction at any time.
Old 03-11-2022, 09:54 PM
Registered

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by techman
I believe the boat launched off a wake came down on the hullside and bottom outside edge becoming the running surface (false keel). Spun.

Below is from another forum:

Hey guys, I was a passenger in this boat during the accident. Yes, there are many cardinal rules broken. The most important one I feel is no life jackets worn. As crazy as it seems, we had jackets for each person but as the poker run began we realized no one else was wearing them..... How foolish we were. I have read so many nasty comments on YouTube and other sites I am in shock. My wife suffered 4 broken ribs, punctured lung and a broken foot. She has not left the house since getting home. She is in severe pain. The driver crushed his eye orbital and broke hus back at T8 ( he is a former F-2 racer with APBA). Another passenger who raced professionally for many years broke his pelvis in several places and is in a wheelchair. One of the other girls crushed her eye orbital also. The guy from lake tv fractured his hip and broke his wrist. My injuries were minor compared, busted my head open and damaged a rib or two. Everyone is black and blue. This was a very upsetting event for everyone involved. I have been around powerboats for many years and it only takes on unguarded minute to loose a life or permanently hurt people you love. I am very thankful this did not end up worse. I hope everyone learns from this. I know I will boat differently. All of the guys in the boat are members of OSO. I think it is necessary to break down the accident and discuss this, just remember these are real people who like you who love power boating and do it every weekend
I didn't realize the injuries were that severe. I agree with the comment about life jackets. Besides potentially saving your life, they could also prevent some rib injuries. I hope everyone has recovered 100%.
Old 03-11-2022, 10:18 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 333 Likes on 124 Posts

Someone who builds a hell of a lot of the race boats told me that was his good friend and a great racer. Just a ****ty situation.

If you watch enough races the v bottoms hook pretty frequently and people don’t bash those guy’s driving. That’s racing. Although….they are in safety gear and prepared for it. We all have the same problem in cars. We get all suited up and have all our safety gear on the race track and then when we jump in our fast street cars without all that you still drive them with the same spirit and probably push further than you should. Most of the time we never pay the consequences but every once in awhile something goes wrong and hindsight is 20/20
1983ScarabIII (03-12-2022)
Old 03-11-2022, 10:59 PM
Registered

Received 421 Likes on 175 Posts

In my opinion, the only time that LOTO can be pretty rough is on Saturday afternoon from about 1-5 in the summer, and mainly from about the 6 to the 30mm. Other than that, it is not that bad. I would hate for somebody not to come to LOTO based on these "Armageddon" reports. When it does get rough, you gotta be on your toes and remember that you can always pull back on the throttle.

Shootout water can be really, really rough, but I do not think that it is as bad as it used to be, as many people now watch the actual Shootout at the bars on tv. If a guy is patient and just waits a bit before leaving, it is not nearly as bad. Testosterone and ego's are probably a bigger deal that the wave action!

I am sure that the Fountain driver is a good guy and probably a good Captain, but unfortunately just made some bad decisions that resulted in injuries...........................while being recorded.
flat rate (03-11-2022)
Old 03-11-2022, 11:58 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 136 Likes on 81 Posts

I’m sure the guy is a great guy and it was a bad situation but the fact remains he didn’t know how to run a boat period ! You don’t run the sticks like that! And I’m sorry but he wasnt in rough water for a 38 ft boat.
getrdunn (03-12-2022)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.