Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Flare to AN adapter >

Flare to AN adapter

Notices

Flare to AN adapter

Old 03-29-2017, 06:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why are you guys doing this? Is there an issue with the stock filter location and line diameter with not flowing enough oil?
Old 03-29-2017, 08:29 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm doing it because of the CMI headers. The relocation kit is not good to say the least. And the 496 ho Has steel lines with a 8 inch section of rubber. It just doesn't fit to my liking. For the filter adapter on the motor. No one makes one. At least that I could find. Hardin Marine said they don't exist. I only needed 2 cutting to do a 1/2 hour job which turned out to be a week. 30 phone calls. 200 miles of driving and a few empty bottles of wine. It is easy if you can find the fittings. Thanks for the help. If anyone one else needs to do this. I have the sizes and the phone number of the only place that has them in stock.
Old 03-29-2017, 09:32 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,132 Likes on 1,409 Posts

There's filter adapters out there. I've seen a few listed. Top of my head they had female 1/2" NPT outlets. Do a search 2001 8.1L Chevy K3500 or similar.

Last edited by SB; 03-29-2017 at 09:41 PM.
Old 03-30-2017, 06:01 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by class6
I'm doing it because of the CMI headers. The relocation kit is not good to say the least. And the 496 ho Has steel lines with a 8 inch section of rubber. It just doesn't fit to my liking. For the filter adapter on the motor. No one makes one. At least that I could find. Hardin Marine said they don't exist. I only needed 2 cutting to do a 1/2 hour job which turned out to be a week. 30 phone calls. 200 miles of driving and a few empty bottles of wine. It is easy if you can find the fittings. Thanks for the help. If anyone one else needs to do this. I have the sizes and the phone number of the only place that has them in stock.
Thanks, makes sense. I was thinking there was some other type of restriction issue and i was interested..
Old 03-30-2017, 06:20 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't forget, you can use tube style compression fittings to mate to the steel tube as well.