Saber 101 >

Saber 101

Notices

Saber 101

Old 10-17-2011, 07:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lil red View Post
he was prob preventing a call, he is cool lets me use his dock anytime i need/want may use a mooring of his for the cruiser next year
he was great with us, someone else would of gotten the ticket book out .
Old 10-17-2011, 07:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KNOT-RIGHT View Post
You did not try the 4 blade with the one inch spacer.
The 5 blade stayed hooked up when trimmed in all the way, once I trimmed it 2 or 3 clicks out it would slip on the bounce. but all in or one click out it was fine. sunday it was to windy too do prop swaps but I'll bring it. wonder if ICE would let me try his lower just to see if it works and I need to buy one for 4grand.
Old 10-17-2011, 10:08 PM
coolrunning racing
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Whats the difference?
One you can feel the drive system and engine being the cause and effect to the condition. The other those systems are steady and the boat condition is apparent.
Old 10-18-2011, 05:42 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sooo,where's the pic. showing the drive tucked all the way in with the level for reference point of hull bottom ???

If you notice the water is basically flat with w/small chop.

Last edited by DONZI; 10-18-2011 at 05:49 AM.
Old 10-18-2011, 07:34 AM
Registered

Received 108 Likes on 69 Posts

drive full negative trim

Old 10-18-2011, 07:39 AM
Registered

I know its a six and a cat look at full trim

Old 10-18-2011, 07:40 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by mrv8outboard View Post
One you can feel the drive system and engine being the cause and effect to the condition. The other those systems are steady and the boat condition is apparent.
I appreciate your input god knows we need it. However I have no clue what you are trying to say here
Old 10-18-2011, 07:48 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by wieland77 View Post
I have the #1 hull and am still in the process of getting things dialed in. Originally my drive was a standard bravo with a deep X of 7 1/2" and running roughly 500hp with a 25 mirage 3 blade I always had a bad porpus when running anything over 4k, would have to heavy tab or tuck drive in to make it stop. I then went up in HP to 750 and running a 28 4 blade it still porpused like a SOB after 42-4300 r's. SO, i changed drives to an XR upper and 2" IMCO shortie lower w/ nosecone and all porpusing went away, maid range to wot. Still looking for a little more bow lift prop and will hopefully be able to get it right next spring. Leaving r's on the table with a 28 4 blade and blowing out a 26 4 blade but bringing the X up to 5 1/2" made all the difference in the world! Doesnt stay as hooked up in the rougher chop like the deep X did but all around a major improvement! Hopefully i can help more if you guys need any other info!! Let me know and good luck Art! Cheers
Thank you for the info

Could you post picture of your drive full negative trim???

This boat regardless of drive trim setting will not stop porpoising.
He can stop it by full tabs down. Which creates three rooster tails and picks the stern up so high boat bow steers radically
Old 10-18-2011, 08:28 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Thank you for the info

Could you post picture of your drive full negative trim???

This boat regardless of drive trim setting will not stop porpoising.
He can stop it by full tabs down. Which creates three rooster tails and picks the stern up so high boat bow steers radically
I would if I could but boat is at mechanics shop for the winter a couple hours away Adding the 2" shortie with the standard Bravo application changed the way the boat ran entirely and completely eliminated my porpus issue. I will try and find some pics if i can. I know my nosecose sits about an inch "under" meaning an inch into the transom and about in inch below the V with not much negative, maybe a little less that what your showing. Hard to describe w/o a pic.
Old 10-18-2011, 08:44 AM
coolrunning racing
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I appreciate your input god knows we need it. However I have no clue what you are trying to say here
I am having a difficult time describing the difference. One you can feel the the drive system lifts the boat (bow or stern) until is doesn't have enough bite and falls back.
The other condition is where you can feel the drive system has good bite (low % slip) and the bottom is stuck to the surface and breaking free or is driving up and falling off the running surface.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.