Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Saber
Saber 101 >

Saber 101

Notices

Saber 101

Old 10-17-2011, 10:37 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

more on water, I will post pics of motor/ drive today, going to look at a trs set up. to see how its trimed in. oh we got pulled over too. haha.
Attached Thumbnails Saber 101-img_7780.jpg   Saber 101-img_7781.jpg   Saber 101-img_7786.jpg  

Last edited by AIR TIME; 10-17-2011 at 10:41 AM.
Old 10-17-2011, 10:43 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by wieland77
I have the #1 hull and am still in the process of getting things dialed in. Originally my drive was a standard bravo with a deep X of 7 1/2" and running roughly 500hp with a 25 mirage 3 blade I always had a bad porpus when running anything over 4k, would have to heavy tab or tuck drive in to make it stop. I then went up in HP to 750 and running a 28 4 blade it still porpused like a SOB after 42-4300 r's. SO, i changed drives to an XR upper and 2" IMCO shortie lower w/ nosecone and all porpusing went away, maid range to wot. Still looking for a little more bow lift prop and will hopefully be able to get it right next spring. Leaving r's on the table with a 28 4 blade and blowing out a 26 4 blade but bringing the X up to 5 1/2" made all the difference in the world! Doesnt stay as hooked up in the rougher chop like the deep X did but all around a major improvement! Hopefully i can help more if you guys need any other info!! Let me know and good luck Art! Cheers
thanks, I knew jon had a 5 1/2'' height with the 2'' shortie and it worked good. my keel is rounded and it has rocker in it.
Old 10-17-2011, 10:46 AM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

looks like Buster wanted to see what was going on lol, he's my friends father so if your gonna play over there let me know i'll give him the heads up to look the other way!
Old 10-17-2011, 02:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by lil red
looks like Buster wanted to see what was going on lol, he's my friends father so if your gonna play over there let me know i'll give him the heads up to look the other way!
he cool, we told him we were testing drive height and props. just told me to keep it down when the blow boats get close. I figured that blow boat called in or a house call.
Old 10-17-2011, 03:35 PM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

he was prob preventing a call, he is cool lets me use his dock anytime i need/want may use a mooring of his for the cruiser next year
Old 10-17-2011, 05:32 PM
Registered

Received 156 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by mrv8outboard
F Is it porpoising or is it lifting the bow and then falling? Jeb

Whats the difference?
Old 10-17-2011, 06:33 PM
Registered

Some hulls may not respond well to the prop located so far aft.
This Konrad has a 8 inch standoff box. Does this mean its 1 inch
deeper? Running a box I would presume also changes the angle of attack. I'm wondering if it has enough leverage to carry the bow.

These pictures are deceiving because they are taking right before the bow falls back down.

This is how it should carry the nose.

Old 10-17-2011, 06:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
with a 4 blade it breaks loose. I think its either a wedge is needed or gas tank moved back to center of boat..
You did not try the 4 blade with the one inch spacer.
Old 10-17-2011, 07:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by lil red
He did look the other way as soon as he told us to stay away of his blow boat boys.

Last edited by KNOT-RIGHT; 10-17-2011 at 07:08 PM.
Old 10-17-2011, 07:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mrv8outboard
First thing is to check the bottom. Take it off the trailer and get a long straight edge and make sure you know what you have to start. The bottom is what makes it go fast, more horsepower then makes it faster. That being said a bad bottom will run OK with average power, but add more horsepower and it amplifies the problems. Is it porpoising or is it lifting the bow and then falling? One is a bottom issue the other is drive/prop/setup issue? Artie you really should have me put eyes on it.

Jeb
hey jeb, I'll call you.right now we know it has rocker in it. I am going to try and find a stern prop = p5 and a max 5. also the 380 tabs. on the river I flet the tabs at 3 = level with the boat. I am going to try and use a full size lower, mine is a shortie.that way we could see if its drive height, if it stays the same with a full size lower, then its transom angle or weight. also what happens if you true the bottom. look at the pics the wake looks funny, like the azz is deep.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.