Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
What Do I Do With This 2008 F450? >

What Do I Do With This 2008 F450?

Notices

What Do I Do With This 2008 F450?

Old 09-08-2009, 01:08 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2112
the Isuzu/Allison combo has it's share of problems, don't bury your head in the sand. Cummins? yeah, the 5.9 is reliable but you have to tolerate poorly built chassis and body to get it.
Like I said in another thread, the Allison will fail if pushed beyond 100hp engine mods. The Duramax has gone through several updates, all of them better than either the Navistar 6.0 or the 6.4.

Maybe I'm just lucky, but I have yet to have a problem with the chassis or body on my Dodge dually and I've got just over 62,000 miles on it. In fact my only gripe has been the POS cabin vent design. The little vertical slides are gnarly and those things that move the vanes from side to side are VERY hard to move. I hope the new trucks don't have those problems.

I'm going to the State Fair in Dallas this month and I'll check for sure. I want to drive the 2010 so bad I can taste it.
Old 09-19-2009, 03:46 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pull the motor and put a Cummins in it, then you'll have a truck, sorry couldn't resist. Thats why my 2 fords have cummins in them now. To many problem with the powerstrokes. I have 2 fords and 2 dodges all with cummins in them. JD
Old 09-19-2009, 03:25 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by jdscj8
Pull the motor and put a Cummins in it, then you'll have a truck, sorry couldn't resist. Thats why my 2 fords have cummins in them now. To many problem with the powerstrokes. I have 2 fords and 2 dodges all with cummins in them. JD
I have to agree with that^^^. So do these guys;

www.fordcummins.com
Old 09-20-2009, 11:53 AM
Registered

The 7.3 powerstroke is bar none the best ever, 400,000 miles problem free other than a cam senser now and then. my 03 7.3 with edge in it with over 100k is a awsome set up im spining 37s with 6" lift crew cab long bed, gets 19 mpg and 16 towing the 10000 pound boat and trailer,, and tows it with ease.
Old 09-21-2009, 04:21 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Catmando And The State Fair

He'll be there,just look for the guy putting up the tents along with his relatives.
Old 09-29-2009, 07:01 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Wish me luck. October 5th at 10 a.m. I have a NY State Lemon Law case hearing.
Old 10-02-2009, 04:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 2112
the Isuzu/Allison combo has it's share of problems, don't bury your head in the sand. Cummins? yeah, the 5.9 is reliable but you have to tolerate poorly built chassis and body to get it.
Agree and I'm a Cummins fam, I don't know what it is but he Dodges interior especially starts rattling like a mofo especially on bad roads. Friend has had couple in last few years all bought new and ran to over 100K, current one is the 6.7 which has 80K miles on it, and interior sounds like its going to fall apart on bumps and roads or constantly hearing rattling even on nice roads. Compared to our Fords that seem much better built, barely any rattles at 100K+ same roads. I.E. crossing over a railroad track you'd swear the interior in the 6.7 was just going to fall apart creaking and groaning, doesn't happen in the Ford.
Old 10-02-2009, 05:44 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Quicksilver
Agree and I'm a Cummins fam, I don't know what it is but he Dodges interior especially starts rattling like a mofo especially on bad roads. Friend has had couple in last few years all bought new and ran to over 100K, current one is the 6.7 which has 80K miles on it, and interior sounds like its going to fall apart on bumps and roads or constantly hearing rattling even on nice roads. Compared to our Fords that seem much better built, barely any rattles at 100K+ same roads. I.E. crossing over a railroad track you'd swear the interior in the 6.7 was just going to fall apart creaking and groaning, doesn't happen in the Ford.
If it will help yall understand how Dodge trucks could have so many problems with frames and interiors, almost all of the 3/4 and 1 ton trucks are built in Mexico; mine is. But like I said I don't have any problems in those areas. Maybe I just got lucky, or maybe I just don't have enough miles on it yet?

Last edited by Catmando; 10-02-2009 at 05:48 PM.
Old 10-04-2009, 09:25 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Well my hearing is in twelve hours. I've spent the majority of the day printing similar stories to mine off the internet. You would not believe the amount of these trucks out there that have been through multiple radiators, and even engines like mine. I don't know what my chances are , but I am armed with alot of amo. I'll post Monday evening to let everyone know how it went.
Old 10-04-2009, 09:30 PM
jfm
Registered

Good luck Chuck and hope it works out in your favor.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.