Anemic 383 SBC >

Anemic 383 SBC

Notices

Anemic 383 SBC

Old 06-23-2022, 04:03 PM
Registered

Received 92 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by F-2 Speedy
Ive stayed away from this thread, the only thing I will ad is the 25 M1 + is a tough wheel to spin, had them on a 33 OL with 502 mag mpi's and 4700-4800 trimmed to the moon was it
I spun a 21 pitch Mirage prop on my 23 Velocity with a mildly modified 330 Horse BBC in it and it did very well. I started with the 25 pitch Mirage Plus prop after a recommendation, and quickly found that the current combination doesn't have the guts to spin one of those bad boys. To be honest. at this point I'm not sure if it will ever have the guts to spin that prop so if anyone needs one I have practically a brand new 25 pitch Mirage plus for sale.
Old 06-23-2022, 05:10 PM
Registered

For the record let just put some facts out there.
Since OSO has banned Chris Straub in 2014.....It looks like some are still the same miserable people they have always been and will always be while Straub Tech has grown into a very nice shop that they film the www.engineperformanceexpo.com show at with guest like Tony Bischoff, Jon Kaase, Warren Johnson, Vic Hill, Scooter Brothers, Gary Stinnet, Roy Johnson, Ben Strader and many othersl!!! There is an Open door policy at Straub Tech if you want to stop in and see it for your self with your own eyes. Yes Chris started from a basement office and then a two car garage in October of 2006!!!. Straub Tech is now a Multi Million Dollar business that has and continues to grow. Year after year. The powers that be here at OSO would do well to reconsider the ban they imposed on Chris Straub Long ago.

https://engineperformanceexpo.com/?f...-mX0V7KqJ4xj8w

Last edited by Donnie D; 06-23-2022 at 05:37 PM.
Old 06-23-2022, 06:47 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,115 Likes on 1,402 Posts

Chris, is that you ? Lol. You ever put an impeller in a marine deal without paying someone to do it ? More specifically, how about an exhaust or outdrive ? Thought so. This is crazy. Your calling and texting him and he’s coaching you what to say. Classic.

Anyway…..

So, Don, did you know Mercruisers 400hp Scorpion engine was 383 with rhs heads crane 222/230 at .050” hydraulic roller ? Edit in: i believe cmi headers too, on some.

Last edited by SB; 06-23-2022 at 06:51 PM.
The following users liked this post:
tommymonza (06-24-2022)
Old 06-23-2022, 07:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by SB
Chris, is that you ? Lol. You ever put an impeller in a marine deal without paying someone to do it ? More specifically, how about an exhaust or outdrive ? Thought so. This is crazy. Your calling and texting him and he’s coaching you what to say. Classic.

Anyway…..

So, Don, did you know Mercruisers 400hp Scorpion engine was 383 with rhs heads crane 222/230 at .050” hydraulic roller ? Edit in: i believe cmi headers too, on some.

The haters surely show themselves. Instead of hating. Why don't you tell us about your accomplishments Scott? Oh that's right because you haven't any. All you've done to this thread is try and almost destroy it. You have zero to offer and yet you're still here. Take a hike. Let the grown ups talk. Trust me no one will miss you.
Old 06-23-2022, 08:04 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,115 Likes on 1,402 Posts

Copy/pasted from straub. Love it.

Did you know that about mercs 383 ?
The following users liked this post:
Zone 5 (06-23-2022)
Old 06-23-2022, 08:35 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by SB
Copy/pasted from straub. Love it.

Did you know that about mercs 383 ?
Come on Scott...Make a contribution. Something...Anything positive. Here I have posted what Straub Tech has become since being banned from this board, and here you still are posting the same ol fodder. 16 years of being a professional forum board poster, 12,304 posts on this forum board alone now. Every single one just as useless as the last. Wow what a contribution... Tell us. How did the throttle body spacer pan out for you? You know the one your daddy funded for you. At least Straub has made his own way on his own dime. You are nothing more than what Foxwell is. The bumping of gums, and the pounding of your own chest. Come on Scott tell all of us just how smart and talented you are. Tell us how many millions have you made, and what have you built. We'll wait.

Last edited by Donnie D; 06-23-2022 at 08:41 PM.
Old 06-23-2022, 08:45 PM
Registered

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts

Okay, lets start with your dyno sheet. Its not even from your motor and who knows what its for. And it was built by Foxwell who you said was a hack.
With that being said, I haven't built a Small block in forever, Only Big blocks.
BUT the last SB I built was also a 406
It made
535 HP @ 6250
500 Tq @ 5000

In 1986

And if you'd like. At 5000 RPM it made 477 HP and 500 Torque.

So your dyno sheet shows NOTHING that couldn't be done 36 YEARS ago. Last I checked, technology has slightly improved in that time.
That dyno sheet is the parts picker you want to use? have at it.

Old 06-23-2022, 08:47 PM
Registered

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Donnie D
Come on Scott...Make a contribution. Something...Anything positive. We'll wait.
While you are waiting, I'd suggest you take yourself to the tech forum on this board and see how many thousand posts that SB has helped people on.
100% more than you have. 100% more than straub ever did.
The following 2 users liked this post by Zone 5:
Griff (06-25-2022), Unlimited jd (06-24-2022)
Old 06-23-2022, 08:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Zone 5
Okay, lets start with your dyno sheet. Its not even from your motor and who knows what its for. And it was built by Foxwell who you said was a hack.
With that being said, I haven't built a Small block in forever, Only Big blocks.
BUT the last SB I built was also a 406
It made
535 HP @ 6250
500 Tq @ 5000

In 1986

And if you'd like. At 5000 RPM it made 477 HP and 500 Torque.

So your dyno sheet shows NOTHING that couldn't be done 36 YEARS ago. Last I checked, technology has slightly improved in that time.
That dyno sheet is the parts picker you want to use? have at it.

Oh and the SB leg humper and other hater chimes in that has contributed zero to this and probably any other post he has ever commented on. I guess Zone 5 a pretty desolate place when it comes to mental giants. The dyno sheet was an old dyno sheet from a number of years ago with an even smaller cam then one being used on my engine Einstein. It was posted to show what was being done years ago. Yes since then many things have changed with the exception of the mentality of yourself and SB. A couple of mental giants you are, and it would appear that neither of you are capable of changing. Lets pick and choose our spots to at least try and make ourselves look intelligent.
Old 06-23-2022, 08:56 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Zone 5
While you are waiting, I'd suggest you take yourself to the tech forum on this board and see how many thousand posts that SB has helped people on.
100% more than you have. 100% more than straub ever did.
Yawn.... what else have you got? WE already know that you're either SB posting under another name, or a serious SB leg humper. Come on which is it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.