Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Boat shopping has become frustrating.... >

Boat shopping has become frustrating....

Notices

Boat shopping has become frustrating....

Old 03-15-2017, 12:22 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

Used boat prices are going to say high and get even higher for good quality good shape boats. An's that will only change if the prices of new boats start going down. That's just my thoughts. There will still be great deals out there on boats that you can steal but them are guys that already have there new rides and need to get out of there old boats quick or need out all together.
Old 03-15-2017, 12:28 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

If I where to list my boat it would be at or slightly higher then other's on the market for the fact It don't need to go and I do love the boat. If people say I'm asking to much I would say ok go buy the cheaper one or you could always go buy a new one. Now if I had a 38zr in the driveway things would go differently lol
Old 03-15-2017, 12:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not looking to lowball anybody, but I'm also not looking to pay 20k over book. I believe we're in a bit of a bubble, and if you want to sell a boat, now would be the time. Because like all bubbles, they always burst
Old 03-15-2017, 01:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Nate5.0
Cause maybe that is the price THEY want for THEIR boat....if your not willing to pay it then just move on. They owner has every right to price it as they see fit.
I don't disagree. But, right now, I have to moved on past almost every boat model boat listed (that I am interested in) over the last six months since they are all still for sale AND at the same asking price. For example, IIRC, every Formula 382 listed in Boat Trader has been there for six months and the prices are still the same. That makes no sense. You want to sell it? Then, be a seller and not an advertiser. Start high, I get it. But, at least make periodic adjustments to make it appear that you are a seller not an advertiser. I can see a couple (or even a few) that are priced higher, but not all. And, of course, I would pass the "over-priced" ones up.

Originally Posted by racinfast002
Also my opinion is something that sits on the market for a long time at high price then reduced to lower price also scares away a lot of potential buyers. When something is new to the market, it generates a lot of interest, stuff that's been for sale forever doesn't.
Right on!! The listings get stale.

Originally Posted by jwws9999
I'm not looking to lowball anybody, but I'm also not looking to pay 20k over book. I believe we're in a bit of a bubble, and if you want to sell a boat, now would be the time. Because like all bubbles, they always burst
That's what I'm talking about!
Old 03-15-2017, 02:28 PM
Registered

Received 339 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by jwws9999
I don't think it's a bubble of any sort. They aren't making any more 42 Lightnings with 700's. They aren't making any more 38 ZR's with 700's. They made fewer 42 Fountain PR's and Donzi ZRC's than they did Plymouth Super Birds and Hemi Cudas back in 1970. Yes they are making a handful of 39 Ciggs and OL but they will set you back north of $500k.

I see the HP V- bottom market kind of evolving like the muscle cars of the 60's/early 70's. They may not go up in value much like muscle cars but scarcity is going to help them hold their value as there are fewer and fewer nice used examples out there to buy.
Old 03-15-2017, 02:30 PM
Registered

Received 256 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by formula1
I don't disagree. But, right now, I have to moved on past almost every boat model boat listed (that I am interested in) over the last six months since they are all still for sale AND at the same asking price. For example, IIRC, every Formula 382 listed in Boat Trader has been there for six months and the prices are still the same. That makes no sense. You want to sell it? Then, be a seller and not an advertiser. Start high, I get it. But, at least make periodic adjustments to make it appear that you are a seller not an advertiser. I can see a couple (or even a few) that are priced higher, but not all. And, of course, I would pass the "over-priced" ones up.
make sense to me.

It's listed for what they will take to move the boat. Prob doesn't have to sell it but if someone is willing to buy it then bye bye.

With the Sonic I left it priced high for about 8 months cause it didn't have to go anywhere at the time. When the time came that I wanted it gone to not miss out on something the price came down to move it. Current boat is like that now, been for sale for 3 months and don't care if it sells or not so why lower the price? If someone really wants it they can pay the current offered price and they can have it but that's it.

Just cause something is listed doesn't mean the owner has to or needs to sell it. After all your looking at Boats......aka a toy, not a need. So for some it's price to sell only at what it will take the owner to separate them self from that enjoyment.
Old 03-15-2017, 02:30 PM
Registered

Not many new boats coming into market like before the 2008 downturn. This makes the value of older boats higher. Simple supply and demand. You can wait it out for prices to come down but I don't see that happening anytime in the near term.
Old 03-15-2017, 02:36 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Also take that "book" of values and throw it in the nearest garbage can. I haven't found one that is correct. Look around at market prices to get a feel for it. Now market always has outliers on both of the scale. Boats with millions of hours and issues are cheap, and some people smoke crack. But you should be able to find a good amount of boats in the middle. Also, quit looking in Florida. Yall have the most f***ed up boat prices I've ever seen. Be willing to travel for a good deal.
Old 03-15-2017, 02:47 PM
Registered

Received 4,202 Likes on 1,204 Posts

Originally Posted by formula1
I don't disagree. But, right now, I have to moved on past almost every boat model boat listed (that I am interested in) over the last six months since they are all still for sale AND at the same asking price. For example, IIRC, every Formula 382 listed in Boat Trader has been there for six months and the prices are still the same.

Well yeah, they`ve been sitting, who is doing seat trials in the middle of winter? Most boats are put away and winterized. Doesn`t mean there isn`t interest or that they are priced too high.

My boat is priced high in most peoples eyes but people that realize the value is there have no issue with it. Everyone else wants it for next to nothing.
I don`t need to sell it and I`m not giving it away. Price will stay the same.

If there`s a boat and the price keeps going lower and lower I suspect there is a reason for it , as in it has issues.

Last edited by ICDEDPPL; 03-15-2017 at 02:50 PM.
Old 03-15-2017, 02:50 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Dan, that boat is old school cool and you know what you have...no reason to let it go for less than a number that makes sense to you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.