Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
What Do I Do With This 2008 F450? >

What Do I Do With This 2008 F450?

Notices

What Do I Do With This 2008 F450?

Old 07-22-2009, 06:57 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Toyota dually with the Hino will be coming out sooner than later...

Well they better pump up that Hino. With over nine liters it's got less hp and tq than the American diesels. Pathetic.
Old 07-22-2009, 07:25 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by marylandmark
Was just talking trucks with a buddy of mine and mentioned this thread.

I know Ford is in better shape than the other 2, however IMHO all US automakers are in more trouble than the others. They should have rectified this long ago.

I know- US automakers are the only ones offering work trucks but times are a changing. Americans start buying again Toyota dually with the Hino will be coming out sooner than later..

The problem I have with Toyota and Nissan..great for running to the Grocery store or pulling a small load..interior in the Toyota is Lexes quality and it runs like a jack rabbit...hook a trailer to it 8k or more or go over uneven pavement..towing..one scary frickin ride. I had the opportunity to go with the Ford guys to check out all the trucks...drove all of them..put them through test and came up with the same conclusion...

http://www.fordvehicles.com/trucks/f150/ click on watch the F150 take on the competition

when that loads click.. lets get started.....you will see what Im talking as well as felt on the foriegn trucks...I honestly thought the Toyota was going to blow everyone away...My ranking was Ford, Dodge, then GM. and Im a gm man
Old 07-22-2009, 08:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jassman
The problem I have with Toyota and Nissan..great for running to the Grocery store or pulling a small load..interior in the Toyota is Lexes quality and it runs like a jack rabbit...hook a trailer to it 8k or more or go over uneven pavement..towing..one scary frickin ride. I had the opportunity to go with the Ford guys to check out all the trucks...drove all of them..put them through test and came up with the same conclusion...

http://www.fordvehicles.com/trucks/f150/ click on watch the F150 take on the competition

when that loads click.. lets get started.....you will see what Im talking as well as felt on the foriegn trucks...I honestly thought the Toyota was going to blow everyone away...My ranking was Ford, Dodge, then GM. and Im a gm man

I have seen this and talked to many people about this. But I am going to disagree. We have 15 f-150s in our fleet and they all have the new 5.4ltr. These are the most underpowered vehicles I have ever driven. The fuel economy is HORRIBLE. 15 mpg is the best any of the trucks have done. Load anything half way heavy in the bed and the economy goes in the toilet and the truck becomes very unstable in the rear. They ride like hell, and the seats are uncomfortable. I personally own a Chevy and it has no comparison to the Fords. My Chevy has no problem getting upper teens low 20's anytime, and WILL run circles around any of our F-150s. We have fought with Ford over this problem because they sold us on these trucks claiming power/ fuel economy. They have claimed computer issues. 5 got new computers. No change. Tried different tires on 3. No change. All of this paid for by Ford. I also know that the Toyota and Nissans will run circles around my chevy uphill, downhill, etc.etc. etc. I dont know with a trailer on but I have seen taillights from a few as friends own them. Even at that I will stick to my 5.3 and enjoy life.
Old 07-22-2009, 09:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well just sat here and read this entire post and here is my ordeal I have a 08 f-450 loved the truck still do but at 30,000 miles it overheated and blow all the coolant out of the system the egr cooler welds were busted and many other issues they fixed all that then at 35,000 the whole exhaust had to be replaced. Now at 63,000 it was making a funny noise like it was sucking air. Dealer could not get to and does not give loaners so service writer told me to drive it and they would call me as soon as they could get it in two days later they get it on a wrecker. a day goes by and i get a phone call that i need a new engine because the motor is full of oil sludge and they need all my service records no problem been serviced at dealership all but once or twice. they have the truck for three weeks the last week I'm out of town get back they have replaced three rocker arms that were broken. they say that they went ahead and fixed this and wanted to close the ticket to make sure ford paid for this fix and they would then address the sludge issue I had the truck a week headed to destin for the weekend pulling the boat about 600 miles away from me no problems but on the way back never noticed all the oil leaking down the underside of my truck and all over my boat till i needed gas checked the oil and its over full get back to houston and get it to the dealer they have it another week call me yesterday saying they are waiting on the two records from the only time i had it changed outside the dealership. So I have my truck back today see how long it last. Still have the same engine in it they are waiting on ford to see what they are going to do. I have done alot of reading on the internet and this is a big problem with the 6.4 so if any one had egr problems or radiator issues i would have someone look at the valve covers and see if y'all have a sludge up engine. If any one has had this problem please let me know what they did to get it rectified
Old 07-23-2009, 12:29 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by galex0100
well just sat here and read this entire post and here is my ordeal I have a 08 f-450 loved the truck still do but at 30,000 miles it overheated and blow all the coolant out of the system the egr cooler welds were busted and many other issues they fixed all that then at 35,000 the whole exhaust had to be replaced. Now at 63,000 it was making a funny noise like it was sucking air. Dealer could not get to and does not give loaners so service writer told me to drive it and they would call me as soon as they could get it in two days later they get it on a wrecker. a day goes by and i get a phone call that i need a new engine because the motor is full of oil sludge and they need all my service records no problem been serviced at dealership all but once or twice. they have the truck for three weeks the last week I'm out of town get back they have replaced three rocker arms that were broken. they say that they went ahead and fixed this and wanted to close the ticket to make sure ford paid for this fix and they would then address the sludge issue I had the truck a week headed to destin for the weekend pulling the boat about 600 miles away from me no problems but on the way back never noticed all the oil leaking down the underside of my truck and all over my boat till i needed gas checked the oil and its over full get back to houston and get it to the dealer they have it another week call me yesterday saying they are waiting on the two records from the only time i had it changed outside the dealership. So I have my truck back today see how long it last. Still have the same engine in it they are waiting on ford to see what they are going to do. I have done alot of reading on the internet and this is a big problem with the 6.4 so if any one had egr problems or radiator issues i would have someone look at the valve covers and see if y'all have a sludge up engine. If any one has had this problem please let me know what they did to get it rectified
Man that's some tough luck. I think you're very close to going through the Lemon Law procedures.
Old 07-23-2009, 08:41 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by capone550
I have seen this and talked to many people about this. But I am going to disagree. We have 15 f-150s in our fleet and they all have the new 5.4ltr. These are the most underpowered vehicles I have ever driven. The fuel economy is HORRIBLE. 15 mpg is the best any of the trucks have done. Load anything half way heavy in the bed and the economy goes in the toilet and the truck becomes very unstable in the rear. They ride like hell, and the seats are uncomfortable. I personally own a Chevy and it has no comparison to the Fords. My Chevy has no problem getting upper teens low 20's anytime, and WILL run circles around any of our F-150s. We have fought with Ford over this problem because they sold us on these trucks claiming power/ fuel economy. They have claimed computer issues. 5 got new computers. No change. Tried different tires on 3. No change. All of this paid for by Ford. I also know that the Toyota and Nissans will run circles around my chevy uphill, downhill, etc.etc. etc. I dont know with a trailer on but I have seen taillights from a few as friends own them. Even at that I will stick to my 5.3 and enjoy life.

I agree on the under powered comment..and this is on the 09's..new generation...Fords new sway control when towing by far was the best of any of them, Dodge has there version and I feel was second. I almost **** my pants when the semi went by me at 55 in the Chevy..and the Toyota was no better. I read and watch video's like everyone else..and typically do not believe everything I see..but..I was there doing the same tests as you just saw and the Ford was better..and yes Ive owned more GM vehicles than Ford. I call it like it is..Im not brand loyal when it comes to trucks cause we usually buy 4 a year...

sorry Chuck..didnt meen to derail your thread..back to you bud. Jeff
Old 07-23-2009, 09:25 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Test drove a new F-150 with the 5.4L and 3.73 gears last Friday. Complete pooch.

Chuck, I hope the new motor/radiator takes care of your problems.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:10 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
Test drove a new F-150 with the 5.4L and 3.73 gears last Friday. Complete pooch.

Chuck, I hope the new motor/radiator takes care of your problems.
you said you liked pooch's...you pud..
Old 07-23-2009, 01:38 PM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by Jassman
you said you liked pooch's...you pud..

I'd call as I'm considering going back to a diesel. Doing so would ensure the price of diesel going back up over $5/gal.
Old 07-26-2009, 10:23 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me

I'd call as I'm considering going back to a diesel. Doing so would ensure the price of diesel going back up over $5/gal.
You would be wise to buy diesel. If I had to choose between Ford and Chevrolet I would go with the Duramax. It's a proven engine unlike the Powerstrokes. Plus I heard through the diesel grapevine than Ford is building a new 6.7 because the 6.4 is having so many problems. Certainly doesn't build public confidence in Ford's diesel program does it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.